chapter two

"Good morning!" You greeted Kazutora with a smile and Chifuyu slightly bowed at him. He just nodded and continued to walk. He looks so noble and beautiful like those perfect princes described in every historical novel that you've read.

Today is your second day in this Kingdom. You still can't grasp the idea of you, living in another world that two days ago you didn't know existed. They locked you up yesterday in a room until your fake fox ears arrived. They were not as bad as you think they were. They treated you well, giving you food and the things that you needed. Though you could feel that Kazutora doesn't trust you yet.

"He is a busy dude, eh?"

"Yes. He's serious when it comes to running this kingdom but he could be playful sometimes."

"What do you mean by playful?"

Chifuyu didn't answer and just smirked at you. "Anyway, since you have his mark, you are—what are you doing with my ears?"

You halted and removed your hands from his ears. "Sorry, I got distracted by your ears. I just can't believe that those are real and It's warm."

"Of course, it's warm. I'm alive."

"So this is real? The yokai thingy?"

"This Kingdom is real. Foxes are real." He briefly responds and you both continue to walk.

"Then what am I going to do here while waiting for answers?"

"You are now going to work as a handmaiden here at Crescent palace. You'll be attending to Kazutora-sama's needs as his personal maid. This is to blend you here so the council won't investigate you and at the same time to keep an eye on you while we're looking for the answers."

"I see... but who is that Kazutora dude exactly?"

"Prince!" Chifuyu exclaimed and sighed. "Kazutora-sama is the crowned Prince of Rivia Kingdom. He's from the moon fox bloodline. The strongest yokai bloodline. Me and Baji are water foxes. We are born to protect the moon fox. Next to us are wind foxes. They are born to be royal soldiers, doctors, royal tailors like Mitsuya, and many others. The normal ones and without magic are earth foxes. They are living under the protection of the moon fox. The kingdom people and most of the handmaidens are earth foxes."

"My head is spinning. I just finished reviewing for my exam. My brain cannot accept new information." You said.

"Just relax, miss y/n. You're safe with us." He paused and looked at you. "When someone asks you, you're an earth fox, okay?"

"Okay. Earth fox, got it!"

Chifuyu stops walking and approaches a beautiful girl. She has sandy blonde hair and honey gold eyes.

"Chifuyu!" The pretty girl greeted him.

"Hi, Emma. How's the preparation?"

"It's okay for now. Things are not yet hectic because we still have time. Just wait for next month it will be chaos." She chuckled and looked at you.

"Oh, hi! Oh gosh, you're pretty!" She greeted you with a sweet smile. You got shy and just waved at her.

"Oh, right! Emma, this is y/n. The new personal handmaiden of Kazu-sama. y/n this is Emma. She will be in charge of teaching you how to serve the Prince."

"Nice to meet you. You're pretty too!" You said and handed her your hand. Emma looked at you, confused. When you realized it, you then awkwardly put it down. Oh right, I'm not in my world. We may have a different culture.

"Nice to meet you too. I hope we get along well."

"Then, I will leave you two together. I have something to do. Are you okay, y/n?"