chapter eleven

"You will survive. I have searched every inch and corner of this kingdom to find the best doctor for your illness. Please don't give up, Ayame."

Ayame? Isn't that the name Ran mumbled when we sneaked to Kazu-sama's marriage meeting?

Kazutora holds the girl's hand that is lying on the bed. Her face is covered with shadows that you can't even see what she looks like. Kazutora then rubbed his thumb at the back of her hand.

"You're getting thin, my love. Have you eaten anything?" The girl lifted her hand and caressed Kazutora's cheeks.

"Don't worry about me, I am fine. just focus on getting better, okay?"

"Kazu-sama, I am truly grateful that you chose me as your bride and will forever be happy that I got the chance to spend time with you... to feel your genuine love."

Kazu's tears fell as he kissed the girl's hand. he pressed his lips harder as his body began to tremble. "Don't say that... when you say those words I feel like you are saying goodbye."

"I want you to know what I feel, Kazu-sama. I just want to tell you every day how much I treasure you. You are the love of my life."

"Stop talking like that, Ayame. You will survive, you have to survive... I need you." Kazutora looked down and sobbed hard like he knew something was about to happen, he just couldn't accept it just yet.

"Hey, don't cry... look at me." The girl's voice is getting weak. "Please?"

Kazutora lifted his head up and stared at the girl. "As long as I have your mark. Even if this body turns into ashes, my love for you will never...ever die, this is our invisible strings. always remember that."

Kazu nodded and stood up. He leaned closer to kiss her on her lips. You looked away because there was a little tug in your heart upon seeing him, kissing another girl.

When you look back, you see her take her last breath. Her hands dropped but Kazutora didn't let go of it instead, he held them tightly. He shouted and cried, calling the doctors. They all went inside the room to check on her pulse but they pronounced her dead.

"Get out! You are all worthless! Get out!" Kazutora shouted. Everyone panicked and they all scattered to go out. Kazutora used his magic to close the door and seal them.

Time quickly passed and Kazutora didn't move from his seat. He just watched the girl lying in bed, holding her hand. Many high-ranking guards tried to come in but Kazu put a barrier around the room, the magic was too strong that even the emperor couldn't get in.

He also put magic to the girl to stop her decomposing. "This is all I could do for you, to maintain your beauty... I'm sorry that I failed you, Ayame."

On the third day, someone kicked the door open. The only one who can pass through the barrier Kazutora made. "You bastard! You promised me that you were going to protect her! Why is she dead?! Huh!"

Ran grabbed Kazutora's collar and pulled him up but his eyes were still glued at the girl. Ran then proceeded to punch him several times but he didn't budge, He just accepted every blow Ran gave him until he coughed blood. Ran scoffed and pushed Kazutora, making him fall to the floor.

"Please. Give her some respect and a proper burial that she deserves. You're keeping her to yourself. you selfish fuck!"

Huh? You got surprised when a tear fell from your eyes. You wiped your cheeks but tears continuously fall.

"No!" Your eyes widened when you saw Ran was about to kick Kazutora. Your feet decided to run towards the Prince to shield him but before you could even reach him, the scene suddenly shifted.