chapter twelve

"What are you doing?" A familiar voice whispered to your ear. You flinched and immediately looked back but Kazutora's face was too close that you ended up brushing your lips to his lips.

You blink a couple of times before you have the courage to push him away. Still frozen from what happened, you stared at him. Kazutora's formed a smirk on his lips. "Oh, milady I didn't know that you're this pervert. Attacking me like that." He rubbed his lips with his fingers as he stared at you with a serious yet playful expression.

You immediately blush. "Wha-No! I apologize, your highness, it was an accident."

Kazu then pulled you from your waist, pressing your chest to his. "If you want a kiss you can ask for it. I won't say no."

You immediately blush and push him away. "You! You're teasing me again." You said in an annoyed tone, Kazu then laughed. A careless laugh that makes you stare at him with a smile painted on your lips It's good to see him laugh like this. In my dream, he looks empty. I don't want him to lose those smiles ever again.

"If you're done teasing me, your highness. I need to finish this and get going."

"What are you doing?"

"I prepared Ran-sama his favorite biscuits. I've heard that he's off duty to regain his lost mana."

"Oh, so that fox didn't look for his mate."

You suddenly blushed as you remembered what happened between you two. His touch, his lips... everything.

"Oh, why you go quiet?" Kazu leaned close and stared at your face. You immediately averted your eyes. "You're blushing. Don't tell me you remember everything we did last-" Kazu didn't finish his sentence when you suddenly stuffed his mouth with your newly baked biscuits.

"Stop teasing me! It's embarrassing! " You quickly wrapped the biscuits and put them in a small basket.

"See you at the flower festival, your highness." You bowed and quickly walked past him. Kazu takes the biscuit out of his mouth and bites them.

"See you, milady!" He then winked at you before you walked your way out of his sight.

Baji accompanied you to Ran's castle. It's not that far from Kazu's castle that's why it only took you about 20-30 minutes of travel via carriage. You don't mind though, because you enjoyed the scenery while traveling.

At the beautiful entrance door, the guards came up to you and Baji. Baji then explained everything as he showed Kazutora's letter. After a while of conversation, they let you in and guided you to Ran's office. Oh, he's back to work already?

"Ran-sama, you have an unexpected visitors today."

"I told you, I don't accept unannounced visits. Especially at this moment."

"But, your highness-She said that she's from Kazutora-sama's palace."

"She?" Ran quickly put down his pen, walked towards his door and opened them. His eyes widened upon seeing your gentle smiles. His heart instantly pounds so fast as he gazes at your lovely face.

"I'm sorry, Ran-sama if I didn't advise you prior to my visit. I heard that you've been off duty for the past few days so I decided to bake you some biscuits. I'll leave this here and I'll be back in a few days." You bowed at him.

"Ah, no. If it's you then it's fine. Come in." Ran pulled you inside his office. Baji was about to step inside when he gestured his hand to stop. "You! wait outside." He said and closed the door on Baji's face. Baji clicked his tongue and stood straight outside Ran's office.