chapter eight

You are now enjoying the beauty of the plaza. The flowers on the sidewalks, the different food in the stalls, and the happy auras of the kingdom people who give you their warmest smiles. You could see how peaceful their life are, stress-free. This place is different from the plaza you had in your real world and it gives warmth to your heart.

"This place is amazing, Ran," you said as you looked around.

"It is. For thousands of years, the moon fox bloodline gave their heart and soul just to maintain a peaceful Kingdom."

"Moon foxes are cool." You smiled at him that made the young commander's heart flutter. you then continued to walk around in different stalls with your hands behind you. You paused when your eyes caught a beautiful hair clip. It has red and pink gems in it and it shines whenever the sun touches the stones.

"Do you like that?" Ran leans forward to take a look at the hairclip that you're looking at. You silently gasp because of his sudden action. He's too close!

"I find it beautiful." You said and stood straight. "But I don't need it right now." You paused as you bit your bottom lip. You have this habit of buying everything then regretting it later. that's why as much as possible, you limit yourself.

"Oh! Someone's dancing over there! Let's take a look." You then walk towards the crowd of foxes who are watching the young males and females dancing around. There's a band behind them playing lively music using different traditional instruments.

You started clapping your hands like what other foxes are doing. I like this place, I wish I could stay here forever. While enjoying the festive vibes, the young man-fox who's dancing in front of you pulled you to the center. You giggled as he twirled you around and guided you to dance.

Ran crossed his arms while watching you having fun. His gaze locked at you with his eyes wide open as he was captivated by your genuine smiles. "Now I know why you're possessive with her, cousin. Her smiles can make any fox fall for her."

Kazutora clicked his tongue that made his cousin smirk. "Make sure to return her safely to the palace before sunset." he coldly replied before turning his back. "If you're even a second late, I will light your long hair with fire." He added in a whisper.

"I heard that." Ran said while chuckling.

Kazutora held his chest. His heart aches upon seeing you showing your smiles to his cousin. When did I start to feel this way? I am not that serious from the start... It's because of her mark that's why I am obligated to treat her special. but now... why do I have this urge to lock her up in my room and never show her to anyone?

Kazutora looked to his side and saw Chifuyu with a mischievous smile on his face. "Why are you smiling like an idiot, Chifuyu?"

"Ah, nothing. Seeing your different expressions I never knew existed makes me feel intrigued for what will happen in the future."

"Just— Let's go home."

"Thank you so much, Ran! I really had a great time exploring the plaza. That place is beautiful... The kingdom people are welcoming."

"I'm glad you have fun, We can go back anytime just tell me and I will make time."

"Ah, no! You have a lot of duties... It's unnecessary to disturb you just to roam around the plaza." You gestured your two hands, waving in front of him like you're saying no.

"If it's you, I don't mind." He smiled and took something from his pocket. He then took a step forward and tucked your hair behind your ear. Your eyes widened as you could feel something cold from your hair.