chapter three

In just two weeks of serving him, he managed to drain your energy by teasing you whenever he had a chance. You never thought that behind his kind image that everyone sees, there's this annoying, kid-like personality. He knows he's hot and he used it to tease you even more. You're a little bit hopeless romantic so you fall every time he pulls the teasing stunt.

It's already evening and you're just walking towards Kazutora's office to ask him if he needs anything before your duty ends. You knocked on the door and there's no answer so you decided to peek. There, you saw him resting his head on his arm while holding a paper in his other hand. You slowly stepped back and closed the door.

"Ugh." Kazutora let out a faint groan and opened his eyes. "I fell asleep." He mumbled and sat straight. His eyes caught a blanket falling to the floor coming from his shoulders. He bent over to pick it up. "Did she put this on me? Foxes don't feel cold." He smiled while looking at it.

"Did you see that?" Chifuyu whispered to Baji.

"He smiled." Baji whispered back.

"It's not a fake smile nor sarcastic one... it's genuine."

"Yeah."

"I hear you two and I am not smiling." Kazutora said and the two foxes stood straight, looking at each other.

"Here we go again," You whispered and took a deep breath before knocking on Kazutora's door. "I'm here for your evening bath, your highness." You said in a cheerful tone, masking your annoyance. Why am I doing this now? I thought he has another handmaiden tasked for this.

"Come in." He answered and you gently opened the door.

"Holy—" You quickly turned around upon seeing him in his robe, His freaking abs are peeking! Why do I always fall for this?

"What are you doing? Don't turn around," Kazutora said and you slowly turned to face him.

"Aren't you cold? You're always topless."

"No? Why would I be cold?"

"Ah, I don't know? Maybe because it's freezing at night?" you paused for a while, trying your best not to sound sarcastic but failed. "Uhm... Anyway, here's your change of clothes," You quickly laid his clothes neatly on his bed, and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" He said and you stopped your tracks.

"Kitchen?"

"You were supposed to apply me this salve."

"Do I really need to?" You faced him once again. 

"Yes. This is part of your job."

You let out a faint groan and took the bottle of salve. "Let's just get this over with." You put a little amount on your palm and rub them together. Wow, this smells nice.

"Where do you want me to apply this, your Majesty?" You looked at him and he's now half-naked. He removed his top robe making your eyes widen even more.

"I want you to apply that all over my body."

"All over?"

"Yes, All over. Is there a problem?"

You gulp as your eyes trace his half-naked body. His slim waist, His thin but muscular arms, and his... You cough when your eyes land on his abs.

"y/n!"

"Ye—Yes!" You immediately move to rub his abs with the cream but it's taking you so long. After a while, you heard Kazutora sigh before he held your wrist. He then guided you to his chest and rubbed your palm there. You don't know how to react so you just followed his lead.