chapter fifteen: last

It's a sunny afternoon. Birds are chirping that sounds like music, handmaidens laughing while kneading doughs, and palace guards smiling at them... Things are peaceful here at the palace.

Smiling while walking in the hallways to get some ingredients from the palace's pantry, You let out a faint squeal when you felt someone grab your arms.

"Kazu-sama! Wha—why?" You exclaimed.

"Nothing important, I just want to see you."

"Don't you have things to do?"

Kazutora didn't respond ang just looked into your eyes for a while before he showed you his hand that was holding a flower.

"I saw this earlier and it reminds me of you."

Your eyes widened upon seeing the beautiful lilac flower. "Wow! It's glowing like the moonlight... This is beautiful, Kazu-sama." You were about to reach for it when he pulled you into a tight hug.

"I missed you already." He whispered as he slid the flower on top of your ear.

"You sly—We saw each other this morning."

Kazutora didn't respond and just buried his head on your neck. "What if I cast a spell to make you a tiny, tiny human, so I can put you inside my sleeves?"

"What?" You gently pushed him, but he didn't budge.

"Kidding." He laughed lightly, then moved your hair to the side. He started to plant tiny kisses on your neck, licking them that sent chills to your spine.

"You smell nice."

"Stop it, your highness. My knees are getting weak."

"Then, I'll support you." He whispered and looked up. His eyes are full of life, and his smiles are reaching his ears. He's so cute!

You pushed him away. Confused, Kazutora furrowed his brows. You smiled and jumped at him, hugging him tightly, resting your head on his chest.

"Good work today, Kazu-sama."

Kazutora let out a faint chuckle and patted your head. "Good work today, y/n."

You stayed in that position for a while before you looked up to see his face. Kazutora brushes the back of his fingers to your soft skin.

"You are beautiful, y/n." He whispered as he moved closer to kiss you.

Another peaceful month passed. Kazutora took more time in his study than usual, thinking about how he will convince his father and the council about marrying you. He is planning to discuss with them about the seal of promise and the reason why they need to change the law.

He's doing his best for you and you do whatever you can to help him. You both badly want to make this work and with the help of Ran and others, things are going according to plan...

Until this one fateful night.

"y/n!" Kazutora hysterically called your name as he aggressively opened his bedroom door but you're not there.

"Fuck!" He ran his finger through his hair and continued to search for you. You're walking together with other handmaidens when you heard Kazutora's distressed voice.

"Kazu... sama?" He turned his head towards you and marched. To his side, royal guards were charging in his way but he used magic to block them.

You flinched when you saw him use his magic. This is the first time you saw him this serious and your heart won't stop pounding.