chapter fourteen

"Father already knows about y/n. I discussed about changing the laws of humans and yokai. I also express that I wanted to set a meeting with the council but he was heavily against it that we ended up arguing. He said that changing the law just because of a human will break the trust of the Kingdom people most especially the leaders of other Kingdoms. Now, I can't help but think that y/n will be in danger." Kazutora said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"If that happens we don't have any choice but to bring her back to her world."

"I can't... I can't lose her again. I will find a way to solve this, Ran."

"I know and I will do everything in my power to help."

"Thank you. Thank you also for protecting this Kingdom in times when I couldn't."

Ran painted a gentle smile and tapped Kazutora's shoulder. "Let me find out more about the law and I'll get back to you." Kazutora nodded in response and Ran stepped out of Kazutora's office the same time you arrived, carrying a tray of tea and biscuits.

"Oh. Are you leaving already, Ran?" You asked.

"Ah, yes. I have a ton of work to do. I'm sorry if I can't stay for long."

"It's fine. Don't mind me... We can always meet next time."

"Yes." Ran smiled and patted your head. "Take care of yourself, y/n."

"You too, Ran."

He nodded and walked away. You then stepped inside Kazutora's office and put his tea on his small table. "How's your day, your—" You paused when you felt his hugs behind you. "Kazu-sama?"

"Hmm?" He hummed as he buried his head on your shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. I just want to hold you for a little while, I miss you already."

"We just spent the night together." You said jokingly.

"I know but it's still not enough. I want you beside me always, I want to hold your hand everyday, I want to make love with you every minute... I am afraid to let you go, y/n." Kazutora loosened his hug and you turned around to face him. You cupped his face and he rested his head on your palm, closing his eyes.

"I am healthy, Kazu-sama. I will not leave you in this lifetime."

He sighed and opened his eyes. "y/n, what if... what if I go with you to your world."

"What? Are you serious?"

"What if—will you let me?"

"If the Kingdom will not be at stake when you leave then of course! I would love you to come with me. Build a family, grow old together, raise ten dogs together.."

"Dogs?"

"Yes! Cute fluffy dogs since we can't have children."

"Ahhh—that sound so nice. I love that. A simple life with you by my side is more than enough for me. I won't ask for anything more."

"Are you okay, my love? is there something bothering you?"

"No." He gently shook his head and removed your hand from his face. He then grip them hard. "Maybe I was just tired of work but I think a hug will calm me right now."

Your eyes lights up and spreads your arms. "Then I will give you the biggest bear hug!" You chuckled and wrapped your arms around his waist, squeezing him tighter. Kazutora finally giggled and messed with your hair.

"You're too cute I want to devour you right now,"

"Kazu-sama!" You looked around, checking if Chifuyu and Baji is around. "We just did it all night!" You whispered.