Chapter 5: Decision

Renee stares at the sonogram and just smiles she lays her hand on her stomach.

"Hi, my little bean. You are a most unexpected surprise but I'm happy your here." Nat smiles as she watches Renee.

"What are you going to do Renee?" Renee rubs her belly and takes a breath

"I'm going to be a mommy." Nat eyes her as she grabs her hand.

"I mean about Bucky, what are you going to do?" Renee just looks away as she wipes her eyes.

"I'm leaving... before he gets back." Nat's eyes widen as Renee stands up.

"You're just going to leave him? No explanation?" Renee just looks down as the tears fall down her eyes.

"We were just friends with benefits, this baby may not even be his. Bucky doesn't want this, it's just sex... Besides I couldn't ask Bucky to raise potentially another man's child. Plus, Bucky gave me the vibe he didn't want kids and he's finally getting his life back I can't ruin that for him. I'll be fine I can do this I can raise this little Bean alone."

Nat watches Renee as she smiles at her.

"Please keep this between us okay." Nat sighs as she nods her head.

"What do I tell him if he asks where you are?" Renee just thinks for a moment and rubs her belly.

"He won't this was just sex to him he won't even miss me."

Bucky was getting anxious he wanted to be back with Renee and tell her everything

Bucky was getting anxious he wanted to be back with Renee and tell her everything. His feelings and his wants, that he loves her. He sighs as he eyes his phone, she hasn't texted him in a while he hopes she's okay.

"We'll be home soon Bucky I promise." Bucky nods at Steve as Bucky tries to figure out what he's going to say to Renee. Hey Doll, I know you wanted just friends with benefits but I'm in love with you. Bucky thinks that sounds okay he sighs he needed to work on this.

Sending Renee, a text he smiles.

"See you soon Doll."

==============

Renee packs up the last things of hers. She stops as she picks up the red and blue Henley's she loved so much she stashes them away. She lays down for a moment and smells Bucky's pillow she grabs it he'll get a new one she thinks.

She writes a simple little note to Bucky.

"Thanks for being there for me always. I'll miss you with my whole heart. Don't change Buckaroo, you are full of so much life.

-Love Renee

Renee wipes her eyes as Tony watches her.

"You sure you want to leave Renee?" She looks up at Tony and nods her head.

"I have to. I can't ruin his life." Tony sighs as Renee takes one last look at the room she's loved being in in the last month or so.

"Goodbye, Bucky." She whispers.

===============

Bucky nearly jumps out of the Quinjet the moment it lands he hoped Renee was feeling better he runs through the compound. He runs to his room.

"Doll I'm back, told you I'd come back." He stops seeing his room empty no sign of Renee. He looks around his bed was made as if no one has been in it in a while. His eyes go to a piece of paper he grabs it and reads it. His eyes are wide with every word he reads. Feeling his heart beating fast.

He rushes to Renee's room next and sees her door open he walks in.

"Renee? Doll?" Bucky freezes seeing her room empty none of her things. His heart stops. He rereads the note over and over again. His ears twitch at the sound of someone standing in the doorway. He looks at Nat

"Where is she? Natasha tell me why did she leave?"

Natasha just looks sad and looks away she hates this.

"I promised her I wouldn't say anything." Bucky just looks down like a beaten puppy his eyes start to water up as he nods.

"Did I do something wrong? Did I cause her to leave?" Bucky asks broken as he sits on her bed.

"No Bucky she didn't want to leave you... She just... She's doing what she feels is the right thing."

Bucky just shakes his head as he runs his hands down her bed. The bright orange comforter she loved the color orange.

"She didn't think you'd miss her." Natasha lets out as Bucky's eyes flash with anger.

"She didn't think I'd miss her. What does she think I'm some cold-hearted beast who doesn't have feelings?" Bucky was full of anger and hurt as Nat sighs.

"No, you two never put labels on this... I think she... She thought you just saw this as sex nothing more."

Bucky looks at Natasha his eyes watery as he nods. He slowly gets up.

"I'm going to find her Natasha and finally tell her my feelings."

Bucky walks out on a mission he was a deadly assassin before his job was to track others and find his target. He would stop at nothing and find Renee.

==========

Renee looks around and smiles as Tony sighs.

"Pepper and I are just down the road. No one knows you're here but us. You're off the grid, we got a doctor for you and Pepper both. Renee raises an eyebrow at that.

"Is Pepper okay?" Tony smiles big.

"You and she are both expecting." Renee smiles big as she hugs Tony tight.

"That is the best news ever! Oh My gosh! I'm so excited! I'm going to be an auntie! And you're going to be a daddy!" Tony just smiles as he takes a deep breath.

"Speaking as a father.... If I had a child and never knew I'd be sad. I know your scared and feeling you're doing the right thing but I think Barnes deserves to know and he can decide from there."

Renee sighs as she nods her hand rests on her belly.

"I'll figure this out okay..." She smiles as Tony just watches her. He was worried about Renee his baby sister, he raised her and now seeing her in this state. He wanted to help her but he wasn't sure how.

"Thank you, Tony, for getting me this place it's always what I wanted." She whispers as Renee walks around she steps out on the porch. She stares at the lake and enjoys the sounds of nature.

Laying her hands on her belly she smiles.

"You and me Little Bean you and me against the world, I'm going to love you forever my little Stardust." Renee likes that Stardust; Tony always called her his Little Star.

She feels the pain of sadness hit her as she imagines Bucky being by her side. She pictures the porch swing and rocking chairs. She feels her stomach dance as she smiles at that.

"I'll tell you all about him. Your daddy... Who I hope is your daddy." She whispers.