Chapter 12: King & Lion Heart

Two Years Later

Two Years Later

"I will marry you someday Sarkar!" Winter announces proudly as he shyly practices in his bedroom. Bucky chuckles watching him.

"I know I'm only five and your 7 but I want to marry you, Sarkar!" Bucky watches his little boy's face.

"Pick her some flowers when you do this Sarkar loves flowers." Winter freezes his cheeks red as he stares at Bucky. Winter grabs his pillow and hides his face in it.

"You weren't supposed to see that daddy!" Bucky smiles as he steps inside the room.

"Hey, you like Sarkar you go for it! We Barnes men we don't let our gals slip away from us." Winter giggles as a little mess of curly dark locks stumble into the room.

"Win! Dada!" He giggles as Winter smiles big at his baby brother.

"Uhoh... Grant, you were supposed to be in your playpen..." Bucky quickly grabs him and rushes out he stops seeing Renee holding another curly dark haired baby.

"So, they seem to know how to escape now..." Renee chuckles.

The twin's Grant Thomas Barnes and Rebecca "Rikki" Barnes were a surprise and a blessing. Renee wasn't expecting twins but that made them happy because with the twins that meant Renee and Bucky were at their four kids' number.

Rikki giggles at her brother as she tugs on Renee's hair. Renee kisses her head as Grant giggles at his mommy.

"We play!" Rikki wiggles as Renee places her down. She giggles as Bucky puts Grant next to her.

They start talking in their twin language they both have no one understands it but they do.

"So Winter is asking Sarkar to marry him today." Renee raises an eyebrow and smiles she chuckles.

"Oh, they grow up so fast," Renee whispers as she lays her head on Bucky's shoulder.

"Does Piper like anyone yet?" Renee shakes her head.

"Not that I know of she's a daddy's girl," Bucky smirks as the twins look up and smile at their parents.

"You happy with this life?" Renee looks at Bucky and smiles holding his hand tightly.

"More than you know Bucky."

Bedtime was always a fun time gathering all the kids up for storytime.

"Okay, Piper tonight you get to choose the story!" Piper smiles as she sits on the bed as Rikki sits in her big sister's lap.

"Well can you tell us the story of how you and daddy met and fell in love?" Renee smiles as Bucky walks in carrying the boys.

"I think we can arrange that." Bucky sits next to Renee as Winter and Grant crawl on the bed.

Four sets of blue eyes stare at Renee and Bucky as Renee smiles.

"Growing up mommy loved reading about Daddy and Uncle Steve. As you all know grandpa worked with Uncle Steve back in the war same with Daddy, well sadly we lost Daddy and Uncle Steve, but Grandpa Stark never gave up trying to find them. Many years passed and Uncle Steve is found, and Mommy decided to help Uncle Steve learn this new crazy world. We sadly never knew that Daddy was alive this whole time being held captive."

"By Hydra! The evil people!" Winter speaks up as Bucky smiles ruffling his heart. Piper shoots Winter a look.

"Don't interrupt mommy and daddy Winter." He sticks his tongue out at Piper as the twins start to feel sleepy but want to hear the story.

"Anyway, life goes on Mommy went with Uncle Steve and Auntie Nat to DC and this masked man appeared. When the mask came off it was shown to be Daddy! He was alive! So together with the help of Uncle Sam we took down Hydra and freed daddy, but sadly daddy ran off and so Mommy, Uncle Steve and Uncle Sam went on a mission to find daddy and bring him home to help him."

"How did you find daddy?" Piper asks worry and concern on her face. Winter shoots her a look.

"Don't interrupt mommy and daddy Piper!" She hits him with a pillow as the twins giggle watching them.

"Anyway." Bucky clears his throat as he stares at the kids who smile big and curious.

"So, Daddy was out hiding trying to get his life back on track, when Mommy found him they became good friends. Daddy wanted to ask Mommy out but he didn't think he was good enough... A lot of things happened a terrible bad guy came to Earth and took a lot of our family and friends away. Mommy and Daddy were there for each other and well... By an amazing miracle Piper came to be and a few years later Winter and then Daddy went with Uncle Tony and Uncle Steve to bring back everyone we lost. Now we have crazy Uncle Sam back and fun Uncle Peter back."

Piper smiles as Rikki falls asleep in her lap. Piper smiles as she looks at her parents.

"I hope I find a love like you and mommy Daddy." Bucky smiles and kisses her head.

"You will." Winter smiles as Grant cuddles close to Rikki.

"Sarkar said she'll marry me when we're older." Renee smiles as she picks up Grant and Bucky pick up Rikki.

"Alright, you two bedtime." Piper smiles as she hugs her parents as Winter smiles.

"I love you, mommy and daddy." Renee kisses his head as Winter scampers to his bed. Piper still has questions running through her mind.

"So daddy why didn't you tell mommy you loved her the moment you knew you loved her?" Bucky just sighs as he sits down on the bed. Renee takes Rikki from him as she carries both twins to their rooms.

"Daddy didn't think he deserved love or was worthy to have such a beautiful woman love him. So, daddy just stayed mommy's friend. Daddy always loved mommy and well when Daddy had a chance, he took it. Because of that chance, mommy and daddy made you my Little Wolf."

Piper smiles big as she jumps in Bucky's arms.

"I love you daddy you deserve all the love in the world daddy." Piper kisses his cheeks as Bucky tucks her in.

"I love you my Little Wolf," Bucky whispers as he walks to Winter's room he smiles as he tucks him as Winter giggles.

"Love you, daddy." Bucky kisses his head.

"I love you my Little Winter Wolf." Winter smiles big as he snuggles his Wolf plush close.

Bucky heads to the twin's room as he smiles watching Renee tuck them in. Their eyes meet as Renee walks into Bucky's arms. He holds her close as she smiles up at him.

"Still think your unworthy of this life?" She whispers as Bucky shakes his head kissing her sweetly.

"No this is where I'm meant to be Always, you're my LionHeart Renee." He whispers.

Renee strokes his face and smiles up at him kissing deeply.

"And you're my King, My White Wolf."

The journey wasn't always easy, but the destination was always their Endgame.

-Fin-