Chapter 6: Stay?

Bucky couldn't remember the last time he slept, how could he? He missed Renee; he missed her snuggling into him he missed her cuddled on his side hogging the blankets. He misses her so much. He rubs his head as he keeps looking anywhere and everywhere.

"Buck... Maybe you should rest take some time." Bucky looks up at Steve and shakes his head. He wasn't going to stop now.

"No, I need to find her." Steve just sighs as he looks at him

"Bucky it's been 3 months now she doesn't want to be found, I think you need to give up and move on." Bucky just growls a bit at Steve's words and ignores him. Steve just sighs.

"Would you give up if this was Peggy Steve?" Steve's head shoots up at Bucky's words he looks away as Bucky just keeps focus.

"That isn't the same Buck and you know it." Bucky raises an eyebrow and looks at Steve his arms crossed.

"How so? You loved Peggy and I love Renee. If Peggy took off, you'd stop at nothing to find her. Renee left, something happened. Tony won't tell me; Nat knows and won't talk. She was sick when I left Steve what if... "Bucky just goes back to searching for her.

"Well if you do find her you need to bathe and maybe a haircut and shave cause you look like a caveman."

The fresh air and the lake make Renee feel good. Pepper and her go for daily walks. Lately, her little Bean has started to move and kick more. Renee smiles feeling a kick and rubs her belly.

"Good morning little one." Renee makes her cup of tea as she wraps in a bathrobe and sits on a chair outside. She thinks about everything and looks, she still hasn't added her rocking chairs or porch swing yet. She wants to but she thinks about a certain blue-eyed Soldier. Renee hopes he's okay, she misses him like crazy but still feels she did the right thing.

"I hope you have his blue eyes," Renee whispers as she sips her tea watching the sunrise. She loves how she has a bump and can feel her little bean more and more.

"Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing... I worry but I think about it I smile because I have you. I'm so excited to be your mommy and bring you into this world. Even if bad things happened, even if we lost great people, I'm happy that you are mine and I get to be your mommy." She whispers feeling a slight kick she smiles.

"That's right, this world is crazy, but it must not be too bad if I'm able to have you."

The sounds of the birds chirping make Renee relax as she closes her eyes. She imagines what it might have been with Bucky. Maybe they'd go to Wakanda sometimes stay there, maybe Bucky would be building a crib. She sighs or maybe Bucky wouldn't have wanted a part of this at all. Oh well, you made that choice for him and now you got to live with the choices Renee thinks as she lays her hand on her bump.

"I do think he would have loved you." She whispers feeling a kick.

"Why don't I tell you another story of him, the man I want to be your dad."

Tony stares at the man slumped over a keyboard and scribbles written everywhere. Tony peeks down at the notes. His eyes take them in as he looks at Bucky.

"So, you're trying to find her." Bucky stirs at the voice and looks at Tony he nods his head as he gets back to trying to ping her phone, find her social media accounts anything. Tony takes a breath.

"She misses you, she won't admit it, but I know she's lonely and wanting you. I can't tell you where she is, but I will say this. Think of somewhere she likes to think of a place she'd want to be."

Bucky looks at Tony with a questionable expression.

"Why would you help me?" Tony stops at the doorway and smiles at Bucky.