Part 2 - Brilliant

My my...

Who would've thought that nerds could party like that?

I mean, every single student in this school is probably a genius and there's this whole cliché about good students not being able to relax or celebrate.

Well, let me tell you that this is untrue. I can't believe how many fun people I met last night but God my head is spinning, I don't even know where I am anymore.

I'm scared to open my eyes, what if I'm in Darwin? What if there's someone whose name I don't remember asleep next to me? Or worse, what if he's not asleep and is actually watching me sleep like a freak?

Think, think, where did you fall asleep? What's the last thing you remember?

Last thing I remember? Err...I was taking my fourth shot of tequila right after my second sex on the beach which followed my two glasses of wine and there was probably a mojito somewhere in the middle after the intro beer but I don't remember when...

If Marylou was here she would tell me to be careful, she's not a drinker, she likes to party but she never drinks, I wonder how she goes through a whole party without a drop of alcohol in her blood, it's insane.

If Rich were here he would have dragged me home after my two glasses of wine, for sure.

I don't know why people tend to protect me like that. Rich used to say I'm as naive as one can be and also that I'm a people pleaser and all that mixed with alcohol creates 'the perfect combination to put yourself in danger' as he used to put it.

And I don't even know why I'm thinking of this right now because-

"There it is." my eyes snap open and sit down a bit too quickly as I hear a voice. Too fast, too fast, my head is spinning again. I scan the room around me, is this Darwin? I hope not.

The first thing that strikes me is the amount of bookcases and bookshelves and the amount of books in general that can be seen everywhere in this dark room. The walls are covered in this crimson wallpaper, the furniture is, for the majority, made of dark wood and the only thing not too dark in here is actually the light brown parquet flooring.

Where am I? I turn my head only to discover two people looking at me.

Oh oh...Did I just have a threesome?

Oh no wait, I recognize the boy on the left.

It's William...something, the vice-president, everyone knows him because he usually does the public announcements, at least that's what I read. He actually seems nice and charming, soft light blue eyes and blond hair, he truly looks like an angel but the other...

"Ida Abberline, first year student..." his light brown eyes are going through what I guess is my record and as he remains silent I seize the opportunity to take a closer look at him, a perfectly well-tailored tuxedo, his short dark hair, it's the morning and yet he looks like he has been up for hours because his face looks...absolutely perfect, yes, that's the word, with his chiselled jaw, his tempting full lips, perfect skin, this boy looks perfect in the fullest sense.

I recognize him now, not because I know his face but because a few people have described him to me last night. Ruthless, cold and yet extremely attractive, ladies and gentlemen I apparently woke up hungover on a coffee table situated in the study of our dear Head boy, Tom Edmonstone.

Brilliant...

(William's POV)

According to her face, she knows who we are. I'm sure he is about to freeze her to death with his glare but she doesn't seem to notice. I know that girl though, one of the most promising students to join PAAZ this year.