Part 17 - Late epiphany

Help!

I would really much like to be anywhere else on Earth.

I'm right in front of Tom's study door and I just can't go in there! Because he is in there and we haven't talked about what happened since we came back from Japan and now I don't know what to do or what to say and he's probably gonna be his usual cold self but still I just can't help worrying and blabbering inside MY OWN DAMN HEAD!

"Okay..." I mutter to myself, "you got this, ooh yeah you got this, you haven't gotten anything that much before yep," Pep talk, really useful.

"So it's official?" OFFICIAL?? What's official??? I turn around only to find Lin staring at me blankly.

"Err...what are you talking about," I laugh awkwardly as I wave it off with my hand, "of course nothing's official, nothing happened at all actually and-"

"Yes, it's official, you have finally gone insane," She ignores my blabbering and walks past me toward the- HOLY CRAP.

"DON'T OPEN THE-" but I'm too late, she opens the door and now everyone's looking at me, "-door..."

"Ida?" William, who's sitting on the couch facing the door, frowns at me, "what is going on?"

I freeze, find something to say, find something to say, "I...I..."

"You you?" A freezing voice suddenly echoes from the back of the room, from behind a desk to be more specific, "who would have thought the girl who wants to make changes in such an elitist school could be so self-centred," he sighs without taking his eyes off what he's reading. "Now If I remember well you promised me those new propositions of...what was it William?"

"Aid to the students in difficulty,"

"Ah right, Miss Abberline?" I see, he's just being his usual cold, haughty self...phew that's a relief, maybe he wishes to forget about what happened too...

"I have them with me!" I nod before walking in, nothing changed and it's better like that.

***

"Anyways, I hate my marketing strategies class, people sound like capitalist monsters and our teacher looks like a British version of Donald Trump," Kala complains as she rips open her banana.

"So you mean like...Boris Johnson? They kinda look alike," Both with intriguing skin colours, intriguing blond hair and little eyes.

"That's not the point, Ida, what matters is that I think I'm failing this class."

I roll my eyes, "come on, last time you said that was because you weren't the best, you were second," I can still see her hopeless about the fact that one girl got a better mark than her in her essay.

"Yes but this time it's different. Would you keep me here if I was failing? I mean, I know I should be expelled by the end of the month if I was failing a class, the level here is so high it would be enough to send me down the list."

"Well first, you're not failing anything, second, even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to keep you as long as Antarctica Man is on the throne of the kingdom of PAAZ. I'm just an easy on the eyes and pretty smart princess," I shrug.

"It is true that you're easy on the eye," Kala nods, "something that didn't escape Antarctica Man's eyes by the way," she nudges me as she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and I jab her ribs softly.

"Stop bullying me with that."

"I'm not 'bullying' you," she deadpans, "it's just that you were so close to collecting my precious datas...how could you screw up!" Am I hallucinating or is she chiding me now? I fold my arms across my chest.