Part 25 - Divine

A/N: Here's a very long part (and very important one), very eventful, happening in a very crowded place with very rich people and I'm very excited for you guys to read it.

Have a very good perusing!

The Head Boy - The Head Boy - The Head Boy - The Head Boy - The Head Boy - The Head Boy

A part of me feels like its betraying Tom by going to this ball, but since I became member of the council I haven't been able to do much, this is the least I can do and...I hate to admit it but a part of me wants to go for other reasons, being with Tom feels...it's still hard for me to explain, but being with Sebastian makes me feel free, I don't really like his attitude and I think he's probably messed up in the head but there's no denying that a part of me likes his company.

But I feel conflicted. Today, I learnt a bit about Tom from his grandparents, he's shown me interest and I almost feel like I've had his eyes on me the whole time.

Back at The Royal, I pull my hair up and choose a lilac dress and high heels, obviously. I've been to balls before, my parents took me a few times, you can't go there only wearing sweatpants.

A limousine stops in front of the Royal and I look through the window.

"Fuck I didn't know the queen of England was coming," Lin curses from behind me and I turn around to look at her, she frowns a bit at my appearance, "If I cared I would ask where you're going."

"Well I'm going to-"

"Yep, that's the problem, I don't care," is all she says before she disappears up the stairs.

I inhale extensively, I can do this.

"Miss Abberline?" The chauffeur inquires and I shudder, it almost feels weird now to hear somebody else call me that...

"Hello," he opens the door for me and I settle in the back of the car whereas he goes to the driving seat. Sebastian sent me a freaking limousine?

"You'll find everything you need in the red box next to you," I hear the chauffeur say.

Everything I need? I see the box and open it, inside, I find an elegant white mask...

"It's a masked ball?" I ask, a bit nervous, I've never been to one...

"Please make sure to put the mask on before exiting the car," maybe I'm going to a vampire ball...why am I always brought back to vampires??

***

We drove for about an hour before finally arriving, a huge mansion, even bigger than the one they use for SEGs. Limousines are one by one letting out their, I'm sure, crazy rich passengers who for the most of them walk proudly on the red carpet guiding them toward the inside.

Never in my life have I been to something like this, this seems huge and important but again, being head student of a school like PAAZ or DELV opens a lot of doors.

When the limousine stops, I put on the mask and someone comes to open the door and help me out. I look around, amazed and try my best to look like I know what I'm doing when I walk toward the entrance. There are a few flashes but I try not to pay attention to them. Once inside, I leave my coat to an employee and discover the ballroom.

The first thing I notice is that everything is golden and red, must be the theme, then I notice the size of this humongous room, probably the size of a football field, a huge Christmas tree stands proudly near the entrance, a feast and a champagne fountain are set in front of the windows which, by the way, give us a perfect sight of the snowy garden that is probably part of the property.