Part 59 - Miss Abberline

Summer after Beaver Camp was filled with an improvised trip to one of Alexander's houses in Tuscany, Tom almost killed him when he offered to take us on a vacation but then I convinced him to go anyway. This dude threatened to kill me, the least I can do is to abuse his generosity.

So we went, we visited, we did nothing, we drank, we laughed, we sunbathed, I applied cream on Tom's skin when it was starting to turn red and I discovered that he could actually give quite decent massages.

I'm keeping that boy.

Lin and Alex got closer and closer right before they argued before getting closer again and then arguing and now I don't remember where they stand...

Kala and William were just...peacefully having no issue whatsoever, they were just there...being happy...that's it. But these few weeks of paradise went to an end and we came back to England, my parents are still here, I barely ever see them to be honest, summer is the period of brunches, they're always out and that's for the best, I can invite Tom home and just spend some time alone with him, although right now we're at his house.

"Another piece of cake Ida?" His mother asks me with the widest smile ever, she looks thrilled all the time, she could even be the definition of thrilled.

"No thanks, I'd like some tea though, if that's possible," I bite on my bottom lip as I scan the table in front of me. I don't know what tea they served today but my god it could make me switch to the other side of the tea/coffee pattern.

"Sure! Sure sure sure, let me pour you a cup and if you need anything else then just ask me again!"

"Mother, would you please stop freaking out my girlfriend?" Tom interjects.

"She's not freaking me-"

"I'm so sorry I'm just...thrilled!" Ha! What did I tell you? "You finally bring a girl home, she's well-mannered, she's lovely and pretty and oh my god I can already see my grandchild running around, they'll have your eyes and your smile Ida, and Tom's hair, and they will melt their father's heart and I'm gonna spoil them to make them want visit me often and I'll teach them cricket and I'll tell them stories," a smile cracks on my lips as she keeps rumbling on, "oh my god please let them have your smile Ida!" She clenches her fists.

"Stop freaking her out! We're far from thinking about children for now, I'm her only priority," Tom says before taking a sip of his tea.

"Excuse you?" I rotate my head to face him.

"Don't worry love, I got this," he places a kiss on my forehead, apparently not understanding my interjection but I let it slide off as he follows his mother to the kitchen, still chiding her as she carries the empty pot in her hands.

And then it's just me and his grandparents. "I have a straight!" Miranda exclaims as she slams her cards on the table.

"What?!" I whine, she's been bullying me at poker for half an hour. Yes, bullying.

"Gimme the money innocent little girl, let mature lady deal with the bills hahaha," I laugh along, Miranda really is incredible, she was the head of a bank in London back in the 90's and she fired her husband who was jealous of her success to start dating her Salsa teacher from Argentina, Lionel (apparently he could move his body in ways that questioned anatomy itself).

This woman is utterly iconic.

"I need to re-powder my nose if you'll excuse me," Miranda says as she tucks the bills in her bra. I watch with a big admirative smile, she's all I want to be in fifty years.

"What a polite way to inform us that you need to take a massive shit," Michael interjects, grumbling as always and I clasp my hand in front of my mouth as I accidentally burst out laughing.