Part 38 - Perfect crime

Something changed between Tom and I, something happened, something clicked. We're finally able to complete each other.

He spent the whole ride staring at me in a brand new way the other day, when we came back from the hot spring.

There's this electricity between us now, a link, as he called it, we look like two teenagers falling in love for the first time, although we're only eighteen and nineteen...Maybe we are teenagers falling in love.

We're visiting the Perlan museum today, in Reykjavik. We took all the exhibits and are gonna eat at the rotating restaurant on the fifth floor giving us a perfect view of the Icelandic capital.

The guide is telling us something right now I think, I'm not sure because I'm distracted by the feeling that someone is devouring me with their eyes, I don't even know where they are but I can feel it, and I know who it is. He is usually so serious and right now he's missing interesting facts because he's too busy distracting me.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Kala asks, nudging me. She looks around and must have locked eyes with the person responsible for my not paying attention. "Ooooh, sexual tension?"

I shush her, why is she always putting me on the spot? "We're looking at each other...from afar, it's exciting," I feel a delicious shiver dance down my spine, and yeah I probably sound like a girl who's waiting until she gets married to do her first time and so every touch and every gaze triggers a hurricane of emotions inside of her but I don't care, with Tom everything turns into a hurricane and it's incredible how when it's the right person, even the tiny little things feel amazing.

"Girl, I can tell that he's not planning on only looking at you forever. Have you seen the way he's eating you up with his gaze?" She gasps, is it that obvious?

"I can't look at him," My smile keeps widening, "it's exactly what he wants and if I start I won't be able to stop."

Why is my heart beating so fast? I need to focus, this museum is actually amazing, and I spent two hours booking tickets for everyone so I want my reward now!

"Ida..." Someone whispers my name before giggling discreetly. It's Eve. She and Ines are in a few of my classes, I like them, I think we're friends. "I think someone's watching you," they giggle again.

Goddammit can't he be more discreet!?

"We're so happy for you though, this whole ice cave situation, it brought you together, it's so romantic," Ines interjects and I flash a smile.

"It was mostly terrifying but yeah, in a way I guess, it was romantic," Take out the fact that I almost died, that we argued and that we were cold and yeah, great memory.

We follow the guide through the great hall. "How are you enjoying the trip though?" We spent so much time preparing everything with the others and suddenly I realize that we've barely ever asked the students for their opinion since we got here.

"Are you kidding?! I'm so sad it only happens twice a year, it feels so good to relax between exams and the usual pressure of being in PAAZ, this little break is everything!" Eve squeezes my hand and I smile.

"That's what I think too! This whole- what is this?" I stop dead in my tracks, I forgot. A reproduction of an ice cave, inside the museum, we have to go through it to carry on the visit.

"Are you okay?" Kala asks, I can spot worry in her eyes.

"Yeah," it's just ice, "go ahead, I'll take my time, I'll be fine," I nod my head, I can do this, it's just ice, solid water. And this time I have warm clothes. I'm not gonna be scared of ice caves, it's absolutely ridiculous!