Part 16 - OHIFC mistake

I think we're all regretting the fire camp party. Walking and climbing with a stomach full of beer is not a good idea and yet we have no choice...

Yes, we're all regretting.

However that's not what's on my mind right now, where did I sleep last night? That's my question, I'm worried, did something happen?

"Chop chop Miss Abberline, I'd ask you to keep up with me but I don't think it's possible for anyone here," I sigh, if there's someone here who's not regretting anything it's Tom Icyboy Edmonstone who's being cockier than ever today for some reason. Surprisingly, he's in a good mood and he's walking like his future is awaiting him at the top of this mountain whereas the rest of us are just wondering when we're actually gonna puke...

"Don't be too modest Tom, it doesn't suit you" I roll my eyes, my voice dripping with sarcasm. I wonder why I dreamt of Tom last night, of him being sweet and romantic and stuff, doesn't sound like him anyway, what a stupid unrealistic dream.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" He stops dead in his tracks and turns around to scowl at me, "it's Mr Edmonstone,"

"Yeah right," I walk past him, "now chop chop Tom, try to keep up," I let his fuming majesty stand there alone while I walk straight toward my bright future. It's a beautiful day, sunny with a clear sky and there's a sweet smell coming from the forest. It appears to be the perfect day.

Until...

"What's going on Miss Abberline? Try to keep up, you said?" Tom appears next to me as I slow down, that damn stomach is kindly reminding me that he's not that glad I drank that much beer. "Already out of breath?" he coldly insults me, smirking and gloating on the inside but keeping a perfectly straight icy face on the outside.

Which is even more annoying!!

"Oh shut up!" I snap, "I just...I just need a break..." I sit down on a rock.

"I could help you, you know" Tom folds his arms across his chest, "but you made it clear you were perfectly capable by yourself," that bastard...

"What's going on?" Carl, Javier and Kala arrive and eye Tom and I with a frown.

Tom straightens up and...for some reason puffs his chest a little bit...like a gorilla. "Miss Abberline just got reminded that she couldn't compete with everyone," He directs his cold gloaty stare at me and I've never wanted to slap him more than I do now...

Kala crouches down next to me and offers me water, "you should have someone carry your bag," I don't really want to be a burden for anyone.

Carl appears in front of me, "I can-"

"Oh for God's sake," Tom groans before ripping my bag off my hands, and then trying to rip my hands from my body as he starts pulling on it with...a gorilla force! In a matter of seconds I go from half dead on a rock to being pulled full speed towards the top of the mountain by Mr Antarctica himself. And he's holding my hand!

"Wh-what are you doing?" He's wearing his bag and mine and makes it much easier for me to climb since he's basically dragging me behind him and away from all the others. But that's not what bothers me, what bothers me is his hand, around mine...no actually it doesn't bother me and that's what bothers me...it's complicated.

"Can't you see?" he groans, "I'm helping you," he says the word 'helping' like I would say 'cancer'.

"Well it's not a race! Can't we slow down a bit?" I ask, nicely may I add, and yet...

"No."

"Can't we wait for the others?"

"Absolutely not."