Chp.8 | Meeting His Mom-Not In the Way You Think

"Come on. You can have some tea." She said, much more sternly than before.

Venti only nodded, shaken up. But, she was offering him tea..maybe she was just a strict parent? Only god knows.

He walked in, nervously.

-

As he got in, immediately the smell of alcohol insulted his nose. There were about four other people there, he's guessing it a small drinking party amongst friends.

"Ohh! A new one—but that looks like a highschool student." One of the women said.

Venti huffed,"..That's because I am—"

"So cute!" Another lady smiled, putting her arm around his shoulders.

Now that was too much—. "I should get going. I need to give this to Xiao." Venti stated, trying to get away from the situation.

Xiao's mother paused. "—Why not stay a little bit? You can give it later, are you in that much of a rush?" She seemed a little nervous.

"No, I-" Venti was cut off.

"He's probably busy anyways. Let's get to know each other a bit more—since you two are classmates, and all."

Venti let out a small sigh, there was really no way to get out of this, was there? He relaxed himself a little.

It probably wouldn't be that bad—Xiao's mother seemed nice, right? Also, this could stop Venti's weird suspicions all together! If he could prove to himself that Xiao's mom wasn't bad—then there wouldn't be a need to think about all of the other things that have been rummaging through his mind lately.

So, he just put on his best awkward smile to act like he wasn't feeling burdened.

Soon, Xiao's mother came back into the room with a cup of warm tea, handing it to Venti.

"It's Chai." She smiled lightly. Why was Xiao so concerned about his mom getting mad that one time? She seemed so nice..and she was especially pretty.

Maybe he was telling the truth, and his mom really just didn't like loud noises. But that still doesn't explain why he looked so scared.

"Thank you, miss." This time, he put on a genuine smile as he held the mug in his hand. He took a sip, no poison..or at least he hoped.

He let out a relieved huff, he was just overthinking earlier. Xiao was probably fine. It's just Venti's paranoia getting in the way.

He wasn't even sure why he cared or not, because, it was none of his business. It really didn't have anything to do with him—since, he really did hate the guy.

Maybe that time Xiao said she would get mad, he was just trying to scare Venti. Maybe he didn't want company after all—ooo—or maybe he was just too close to revealing his secret so he needed Venti out!

Hah, he knew that wasn't it. That was way too stupid of a thought.

He probably panicked. Why was Venti still even thinking about this? He should just give this letter to Xiao and get out of here, like any normal person instead of sitting with his drunken mom while having tea.

He stood up,"Look, miss. I really should get this to Xiao real quick—"

"Ah, so soon?"

Venti nodded.

"But..uh, I can give it to him." His mom stated, in a panic.

"It's—pretty important?" Why was she doing this? Why didn't she want him to see Xiao so badly?

Oh, maybe he's sleeping. ..But even so.

"..Ok, fine."

Venti bowed as a thanks, before leaving off to Xiao's room.

He could've sworn that Xiao's mother's face turned into an angered one for a second. But, again, he was probably overthinking it.

He went up to Xiao's room, trying to remember which one it was from before. "Here!" He knocked a couple of times, before he heard Xiao say,"Come in."

Venti opened the door, and Xiao's eyes immediately filled with shock. "You—why are you here right now? My mom's home.."

He looked nervous, again. Did he not hear him come in the front door?

"She said I could..uh, I need to give you something." He pulled out the letter from his pocket, the same one from before. The heart shaped sticker was a little messed up, and it was somewhat crinkled; but it was still fine.

"Here." He handed it to Xiao.

"Huh? What's this?" Xiao asked, standing up.

"A love letter."

It was obvious, Xiao's face was dusted with a bit of pink. Has he never received one before?

"It was.." Venti began to speak,"from this super cute girl. She asked me to give it to you since we've been 'hanging out lately'."

Immediately, Xiao looked monotone again. He handed the letter back to Venti,"I don't want it."

"Huh? Dude, at least read it! She seemed like she put a lot of work into it."

"I'm not reading it."

Did he think he was too good to receive it or something? Fine. She was better off giving it to Venti. He huffed in annoyance,"Be that way." He simply walked out of the room, and soon, back to his house.

-
Xiao's side (I would say POV but it's still in 3rd person. It just revolves around his thoughts.)
-

Xiao was laying quietly on his bed. His mother is drunk, right? He heard another person come in. Probably another one of her friends.

He'd better not come downstairs for awhile, at least, until his mother calls him down.

Just then, he heard a knock on his door. "Come in." He said, without hesitation.

Xiao's eyes widened as the door opened. It was that boy again.. Vee-an-ti? Vee-nti? "You—why are you here right now? My mom's home.." he asked, nervously.

"She said I could..uh, I need to give you something."

Xiao looked confused now. Veenti pulled out a letter from his pocket, and handed it to Xiao. "Here."

"Huh? What's this?" Xiao stood up.

"A love letter."

A..love letter? From who? Veeanti? What did that mean? He could feel his face heating up for some reason.

It had a heart shaped sticker on it. That's a sign for love, right?

"It was.." Vanti began to speak,"from this super cute girl. She asked me to give it to you since we've been 'hanging out lately'."

Xiao's face dropped. He felt..disappointed. He didn't know why though. "I don't want it." He handed the note back to Veentai.

"Huh? Dude, at least read it! She seemed like she put a lot of work into it."

What? Did Veanti like the girl or something? Why should he care so much if Xiao read it or not? It was probably some sort of joke to mess with him.

"I'm not reading it." After that, Vantee's face formed into an angered one.

"Be that way." Is all he said, before leaving.

Now, Xiao was alone again. Venat had taken the letter, as well.

Xiao let out a small sigh, falling back into the comforts of his bed. His head hurt.

WORD COUNT ; 1174

A/N ; hi!!! I was gonna write this sooner..but I sorta forgot! Sorryyyyy, I'll be sure to try and write the next one quickly. It seems rushed, right? I just realized that the deadline was a few hours away, so I had to get this out quickly lol

Anyways! Xiao's "pov" was super fun to do! (mostly cuz I got to misspell Venti's name multiple times)