I."der Traum"

TAY'S ESCAPE

It was 28th of January ..
Rushing to the streets of Bangkok I was on last minute shopping for things I might be needing for a trip.
I posted random stuff on IG making others conclude I was going to be away on a certain someone's special day not that I needed to be here or not that he needed me to.
I just have to escape the people whom I will be greeting with, It's not even my birthday but I had to be greeted as well even if its 3 years since.
They wouldn't understand how'd that make me feel, the worst was the first year it was like a stab of a knife whenever I heard his name associated with mine whenever everybody asks me about him and I can't respond.
2nd year I got used to it, it heals as time past they say but no you just get used to it, it never heals. It will always be there to remind you stuff you wanted to but couldn't forget.
This 3rd year I'll be on my escape I told no one of trip, heck if he knows he'd be surprised as well.
I am now imagining the face he'd put on that pouting lips, wrinkled brows his creasing eyes and scrutinizing gaze, he'd be pissed.
I told you, you never forget you'll just remember more as time passes by.
I smiled at my silly thought and focused more on the road.
I missed the days when he drove me around. If he was driving right now he'd whine at how a wreck my car had been.
Looking back as the streetlight stopped I had my newly bought luggage cramp and some clothes in the bags for the freezing weather.I just shook my head.

"I had to pack this all tonight, ugh" - Tay

Sighing to myself as I turned on my playlist and blasted it on my car.

"There are days
I wake up and I pinch myself
You're with me, not someone else"

Great and that song was the first to play had no time to change it because the green light came on so I just sang with it.

"And I am scared, yeah, I'm still scared
That it's all a dream"

" Well it's a dream now buddy hooray" - Tay

I scoffed sarcastically.

"Cause you still look perfect as days go by
Even the worst ones, you make me smile
I'd stop the world if it gave us time"

I was on my way to my house when my phone rang and cut the music.

"Hello?"- Tay

"Peeenngggg!!!! Heeey!!"- Off

"Peng!Don't fucking shout your on speaker I'm gonna go deaf!!"- Tay

The other line was just laughing.

"So are you still going?Aren't you going to stay for Newwiee's birthday?"- Off

" Peng this trip has been moved for ages I can't change plans now and this is the only free time I get, I .. Ah.. I'm sure Hin would understand" - Tay

"Oh okay, well um we'll just do video call or somethimg okay. Keep me updated Peng!" - Off

"Okay okay" - Tay

So there's the event again, I've been missing these events for 3 years in a row now.
I sighed as I parked my car at the garage.

"If you'd only knew, I always celebrate privately for you" - Tay

I hauled the things off my car one by one.
Packing my bags and checking things that I might be missing.
My view zoomed in on a particular picture on one of the tables on my living room, there's a picture of us when we made a trip to Korea, Japan and Sri Panwa.
I wished I could take you to Switzerland but we know I can't.
I remember you saying you wanted to go there with my and try skiing.