Mmmmm

I heard the keys clacking outside and footsteps that headed to the bedroom door, while I was sitting on the edge of the bed. With a click, the door opened, and I see his face looking at me.

"Let's go for a drive?"- New

It took me a moment to answer, all these disturbing thoughts settling on my mind wanting to speak them out. Crowding all of my senses.

"Te ... " - New

"Uh .. Yeah Okay... Sure sure.. " - Tay

We were silent, walking through the corridors and arriving at the parking space at his car. The silence lingered as he start the engine.

As if lumping my throat, being a little difficult to speak. I manage to blurt out words in a whisper.

"Where to?" - Tay

He sighed as if contemplating carefully choosing his words.

"Anywhere, let's just go for a drive .. Mmm?"- New

"O-okay.." - Tay

He started to drive through the long highways as I stared at the passing blurred city lights. A thought came running to me, like the times when we always carpool at the end of work enjoying a song or two, we'd always laugh and sang our lungs out.

I felt warmth on my hands as I snapped my head to my side looking at him. He smiled, his eyes on the road with his hand in my mine he hold me, intertwining his fingers to mine. I melted in my seat smiling, back to looking through the car window as we drove off the city lights.

I was happy, I was full ...

It was warm but soon the warmth will fade away ...

I closed my eyes reminiscing the things we did back then, crazy and silly stuff. Running and playing in the rain while chasing each other like kids excited about the cold drops of water from the sky we felt free and young.

When we had a strange habit of talking nonstop at 3 just arguing if jeans is a color or not.

Or the abrupt night outs that lead us to eat at marketplaces or side street stalls ending up staying till early morning and being late for work the next day.

Or when we escape to the countryside to relax with just the two of us, being normal people, playing tourists and taking pictures everywhere like we don't care.

Or just staying at the condo and having nonstop movie nights, with popcorn all over the place.

Or when I wake up early in the morning seeing your sleeping face, how your brows twitch, the bangs that have fallen on your eyes that's messy I love running my fingers through them. Hearing your soft snores and I would giggle at it, looking silly and cute at the same time it was you.

"Te ... " - New

I opened my eyes to your voice calling me.

"Mmmm?"- Tay

He gripped me tighter, as tears started pooling from the sides of his face, still driving us to nowhere. We came to a red light. He took the time to wipe the tears on his face.
I just smiled at him, because that is what I want him to see. My smile that he loves the most.

"Hin.." - Tay

"I know ... Mmm.. " - New

Still, our hands entangled I placed my free hand on top of it and caressed them softly.
Stared at him and smiled, as he looked at me at well smiling with tears in his eyes.
I nodded at him as he did the same, our faces slowly leaning to each other, foreheads pressing. I caressed his cheek to his sharp jaws.

What I was holding in came out rushing, tears started to run down my face as his fingers wiped them, tracing them to my cheeks. He smiled, chuckling while crying. We have gone mad silent tears and smiling faces. Nodding we both understood where we are heading.

"Yeah... Yeah" - Tay

"Mmm... Yeah" - New

Then we drove off again, all teary smiles on our faces. A million things I wanted to say before we reach our destination but with just a smile it was easily understood. We both knew it clearly without having to talk about it we knew what we have to do.
As we came to a stop I look out and yeah It was the end of the drive.
After a few minutes of silence and he clicked the car doors. Feeling the warmth on my fingers slowly fade away I faced him.

Gently he ruffled my frayed hair, softly he whispered as his palms landed on my cheeks cupping them giving them warmth as his thumb pressed lightly just below my eyes, he bent closer nudging his nose with mine pecking little kisses. I envelop him in an embrace making him lean more to me catching his lips and pressing them to mine.
A short one that I would remember for the rest of my life, a sweet short kiss.

He kissed my forehead breaking us apart.

"Goodbye Te ..." - New

"mmmm..... " - Tay

I held his hand, I didn't want to let go. One last time I felt his warmth on my cheeks as I nuzzled my face to his hand and he'd let me. Clasping his tightly, I kissed his palm.

"Bye Hin ... " - Tay

Never looking back I got off walking straight back to my condo. As I hear his car speed off.

It was the sweetest goodbye...

----

A/N

I just need to let this out because it's what I am feeling at the moment.. Sorry 💙