Never Too Late

I darted from room to room, I was late, wet and my hair sticking out in different directions.

Why in the world would it rain of all the days, heck it was sunny just a moment ago. My bad luck just doesn't run out.
It was the day I will meet him, the day I was looking forward to every single day.

When a staff led me to a bigger office, I stopped before grabbing the door handle and taking a deep breath. He is at the other end of the door, my heart was pounding. I can see him again.
I pushed the door open realizing I can't open it and turned the door handle a few times.

"Huh?"- Tay

"Te, it's pull... See" - New

His cold, low voice startled me as it crept into my ears. He spoke near my ear and his hot breath brushed my skin leaving goosebumps and a tingling feeling.
He placed his hand over mine and pulled the door. I was frozen on the spot seeing his eyes look at me amused in a crescent shape with a glint of curiosity in them. He smiled like the bright sunny skies and I can't feel but be drawn to them.

His hands were still placed on mine as he pulled me into a hug.

"Te, I missed you... Did you miss me?"- New

"Of course!!!!HIIIINNNN!!! I am wait... I am wet and dirty... Hey hey wait" - Tay

We were hugging in front of the office doors the staff looking over us both laughing. I shook my head in defeat.

We broke the hug and sat, the meeting started with both of us laughing and talking. I miss this being around him, it was a carefree feeling. He was the same, still the same New I know, still the Hin I love until now.

He was fixing his things in his bag. His sleeves rolled up to his arms, his hair brushed up showing his pretty face that now had sharp features. He aged pretty well. But his smile and his moles still looked charming as ever.

I am 38 he is 36, we've both accomplished almost everything we had planned. At 33 I retired from being an actor/singer and continued as an executive at GMMTV, working and honing juniors of our company. On the other hand New continued being an actor until he was 34, he was at the peak of his career when he suddenly notified us that he was going to the states, specifically New York the reason only I knew.

Everyone was shocked but I was heartbroken, he had to leave. I understand and I was not in the position to stop him from leaving. Because he had to.

5 years ago...

" Te, don't tell anybody else" - New

"I know Hin, I wish I could be there with you" - Tay

"No, it's okay... You would if you could I am glad you thought of me that much that you'd go with me, but you know it's not possible. I will be fine" - New

"Hin.. " - Tay

He patted me on my shoulder and I felt his warm hands leave me. That was the last I saw him. We tried calling each other as often as we can while he was there but with the time difference and my work that pilled up we eventually talked just on the phone whenever we are free which was seldom.

My world broke down when one call in the middle of the night woke me up.
It was Hin his voice horse and it seemed like he had been crying for quite some time.

"Te, I have cancer" - New

New had been staying in New York for 2 months now.

"Wha... Where...what happened??"- Tay

"Osteosarcoma... Stage 1 .. Te...What do I do?" - New

The next thing I knew I was booking a flight going to New York. I stayed for a few months with him. He turned 35 at a hospital with me by his side. He was smiling and jolly as ever but I can see the sadness in his eyes.