Always

"We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me."

The beeping sound of the heart monitor is blaring through my ears. Then a flat line resounded the whole room. My eyes fluttered to the room and closed again.

When I woke up I was in my room at our vacation house beside the sea. The curtains blow through the open windows where the sun rays seep through them.
The ocean breeze the crashing waves a comforting sound of the morning by the sea.
The sheets rustled as New stirred in his sleep. Still, with a closed eye, he muttered.

"Te, 5 more minutes no work today"- New

" it's okay babe we have no work right now. Sleep all day haha"- Tay

I bent in and kissed his head nuzzling through this lavender-scented shampoo.

"I love you babe"- Tay

" mmm. I love you too..."- New

His horse low voice echoed to my ears. Snuggling closer to me burying his head to my chest. These are the morning when I don't want to go up and just stay with him in bed all day.
It was the morning of our getaway plan.
A week-long stay at Sri Panwa where it's just me and him away from the city the camera and those flashing lights the gossip and the judging people of society. It's peaceful and relaxing to away from all of it.

I dozed off again the sound of a heart monitor softly beeping in the background. But it was instantly gone when I felt New called for me.

"Te, Te wake up babe"- New

" Mmmmm. Yeah. Mm babe?"- Tay

"It's already past lunch we slept off hehe, wake up I'm hungry"- New

I instantly woke up and looked at the time on the bedside table. Grunted standing up.

" I must have dozed off this morning"- Tay

"Yep, when I woke up you were sleeping so peacefully I dare not wake you, you haven't had a good long sleep in a while so"- New

" Sorry, you must have waited a long time you should've woken me up regardless"- Tay

He just smiled at me sitting at the bed with only his shorts on while I put on a shirt.

"Breakfast? Or I guess it's brunch right? let's go"- Tay

He nodded enthusiastically and went on to wear a shirt. We strolled through the villas hand in hand strangely there are few people and they don't mind us. I have to admit I was conscious but New was smiling from ear to ear so I let him be.

Even at the restaurant we went in there are a few people and they don't look in our direction.

" Don't you find it odd?it seems like they don't know us?"- Tay

"Isn't it better we can as much PDA as we want"- New

Then he suddenly kissed me on the cheek as we search for an open table.

" hey New!!!what if people see!!"- Tay

"look around do they mind?"- New

I looked around and nobody looked our way instead they were all busy chattering as if we didn't exist in the first place.

" Let's go I found a table"- New

After a few moments, our order was served. We were both eating happily talking and sometimes exchanging glances and holding each other's hands like we were in our world. I looked around a couple of times and New was right they don't seem to mind so why not make the best of it.
I held his hand and kissed the back of it.