[ Chapter 42 ]

Staff members and medics rushed down the hallways, the ARMY's excited screams echoing through the stadium as the boys rushed backstage, Jimin and Yoongi carrying an exhausted Jungkook

"Jungkook!" Eunsae exclaimed as she headed to him with 2 medics, laying him down on the ground. His eyes could barely stay open, body feeling numb as he lay there.

You stood near them but kept your distance, hand covering your mouth as you watched with extreme worry, heart racing nervously. It was the middle of the concert and Jungkook was beginning to overwork himself.

"Jungkook, I told you to take it slow," Yoongi said in a bit of anger, worry clouding his eyes as he glanced at you. You two shared a worried look before you looked down at Jungkook again.

The medic placed an oxygen mask to his nose and lips, letting him breathe it in so that he can feel a bit refreshed and better, to calm his racing and tired heart.

His eyes opened just enough for them to look at you, his hand weakly lifting up in the air, stretching up towards you. "Y-Y/n..." He muttered.

Eunsae turned to you quickly, taking your hand and tugging it. "He wants you. Come on." She said softly, moving away so you could go to his side.

You quickly went to his side, kneeling down as you took his hand. "I'm here. I'm so sorry. I'm right here." You said quietly to him, your free hand caressing his hair softly and gently. A soft smile grew on his lips as he looked at you, his hand squeezing yours.

"I'm okay." He whispered, staring up at you gently with tired eyes. "I'll be okay." He whispered once more, making your eyes tear up as you looked down at him and kissed his forehead. His eyes closed at the feeling of your lips on his forehead, sighing happily as his heart slowly began to calm down.

"We should let him rest. Let's move Daechwita up to now and we'll do Permission to dance later." Yoongi announced, the stage coordinator and staff instantly nodding and beginning to get to work. The medic kept pumping some oxygen into Jungkook before looking at you.

"We have to move him to a separate room so he can rest some more." He said, the two of you turning to Jungkook as he began to sit up by himself. "I'm good. I can head there myself." He said softly. You got up with the medic, the two of you helping him stand up before carrying him to one of the waiting rooms, laying him down on the couch.

"Keep the mask over his nose and lips and pump some oxygen into him every 2 minutes." The medic said as he rushed over to check on the other boys. You did as told and put the mask over his nose and lips once more, sighing softly as you watched him lay there tiredly, his chest lifting up and lowering slowly with each deep breath he took.

"Why weren't you careful?" You whispered, your free hand moving to his hair again, running your fingers on his scalp. "Because I felt like giving my all tonight." He whispered back.

You slapped his chest harshly, making him hiss and widen his eyes at you. "Yah! Give your all?! You could die if you keep doing this, Jungkook!" You exclaimed, a few tears escaping.

His eyes were now open and looking at you, a soft grin on his lips. You sniffled as your lower lip slowly began trembling, staring down at him. "It was because of me, right?..." You whispered.

The grin slowly disappeared from his lips, eyes closing as he sighed. Then your suspicions were correct, it was you. "You were trying to get your anger out." You said, sniffling as you pulled away his hand taking the oxygen mask instead.

"Y/n-" "Don't try to lie to me." You cut him off. "I know it's me. I tried to leave yesterday, I knew you'd be like this. I knew you'd push me away." You said with a sob, hearing him sit up.

"And what did you expect? For me to run after you again? To act as if nothing happened?!" He exclaimed angrily. "You promised me you wouldn't go! Do you realize how scared I am every time you're away from me?!"

"Do you realize how anxious I feel every time you say you're going somewhere?! You got shot right in front of me, Y/n, for christ sake! By a supposed fan at that!" He yelled, his own eyes spilling tears.

His breath had started shaking as well as his hands while you stared at each other. "I fought so much with my staff and manager, who are the sweetest people, to keep you here. By my side. Because I knew that is the only way I could keep you safe and keep myself calm." He said more calmly this time, his voice slightly shaky.

You watched him look down and play with the mask in his hands, sniffling and sobbing. "I understand that you wanted to go back because you saw all of this as your fault. But you broke your promise and you were planning on leaving without even saying goodbye to me, Y/n." He said, his voice coming out with a slight whimper.

"It was heartbreaking to know you said goodbye to my hyungs and not to me." He said, sparing you a glance before laying back down on the couch. He still had sobs leaving him as he moved the mask back onto his nose and lips, staring at the ceiling this time.

You, on the other hand, were trying your best to keep your sobs in by biting your lips together. You felt horrible, guilty, and ashamed. You felt as if you had no right to cry at all.

"I-I'm sorry..." You whispered in a slight whimper, a sob escaping as you turned around and headed to the door to leave. You found all the members and Eunsae there at the doorway, all looking at you and Jungkook with pity.

But Jimin on the other hand had an 'I told you so' look which he didn't mean angrily. But as an 'I warned you'. You sniffled, looking down at your hands as you sighed shakily.

"I-I'm going back to the hotel. I'll get a taxi." You said softly before pushing past them until a hand stopped you. You froze slightly at the gentle touch, the thumb caressing your wrist as you turned to find it was Hoseok who grabbed your wrist.

"Don't. He needs you." He whispered, gesturing to Jungkook with his head. You spared Jungkook's figure a glance before smiling sadly, shaking your head. "No..." You said softly.

"Who he needs right now is you." You said, glancing at the 6 boys before turning around and heading for the back exit.