[ Chapter 75 ]

"Y/n

"Y/n..."

"Y/n, wake up, sweetie..."

Your eyes opened slowly at the voice, falling upon a still sleeping Jungkook. You looked up to see his mother there, a soft, caring smile on her lips. "We are going home. You should come with us so you can rest." She said sweetly.

You glanced at Jungkook as you sat up on the chair, rubbing your eyes gently with a small sigh. "I don't know. I think I'll stay with him. He might wake up." You said. Eun Jae smiled and nodded, "Okay. We'll go home." She replied.

With that, you watched her place a kiss on your head before leaving with Junghyun, making your smile falter once they were gone. You sighed heavily, turning to look at Jungkook whose turn was now to be on the hospital bed, the same way you were long ago.

You stared at him with a frown, your hand moving to hold his as you sighed. "Wake up... It has been 3 days already..." You said with a small whimper. Seeing him on the hospital bed broke your heart, it made you feel sick and hurt. You finally understood what Jungkook must have felt when you were the one hospitalized.

"History seems to repeat itself, huh?" You chuckled. "Remember that time you came into my room with a tray with food, I was already awake, and when I saw you, I sat up so quickly that it hurt my wound." You said, giggling softly. You noticed the heart monitor act up when you finished telling the story, your heart skipping a beat.

"And remember that day we had our small dinner at your place? You took a picture of me and then asked me to move in with you, I still remember how nervous and worried you were that I would say no." You said. The monitor began acting up again, making you feel hopeful that he might wake up.

And indeed, your hopes and wishes finally came true. His hand twitched slightly in yours, your eyes snapping to look at him as a small groan left his throat. "L-Lights." He muttered. You wasted no time turning off the lights, leaving just one on the side to light up part of the room. "I turned them off, baby. Open your eyes." You whispered, tears welling up in your eyes as you took his hand, a wide smile on your lips.

"Hello there." You said once his eyes opened, a relieved sigh leaving him. "You're o-okay..." He mumbled through the oxygen mask, receiving a giggle and nod from you. "Yes, I am. Thanks to you, Jungkookie." You whispered in response.

"T-The baby...?" He asked, his eyes watering at the thought of you having lost it. You smiled as you leaned on the bed, taking his hand and placing it on your stomach. "It's okay. It's right here." You said with a reassuring smile.

He sighed in relief and closed his eyes, his thumb caressing your belly as he relaxed. You used the moment to call the doctor through the red button, the door soon opening to reveal a nurse. "Oh! You're awake!" She said happily.

"Yes, he just woke up." You said with a smile. She went to his side and checked his vitals to see if he was okay and if everything was working alright. "Okay, the doctor is on his way right now." She said after checking her pager quickly.

You sat on the chair by the bed and caressed Jungkook's hair, waiting for the doctor to come and check him up. "How are you feeling?" You asked. "A-As if I h-haven't... slept in... years." He said slowly, trying his best to keep his breathing steady.

"That is usually normal. Since your body has been in a mild coma, you feel tired or even exhausted. You are full of energy but the effect will last for a couple of hours up to a day." The nurse explained.

The door opened and the doctor came in, smiling at Jungkook. He began taking care of him as you took a step back and gave the nurse and doctor space. You watched intently as the doctor spoke to Jungkook, giving him questions as to what he remembered and how he felt.

Soon enough, the doctor pulled you aside while the nurse took care of switching his bandages and taking the oxygen mask off, along with other tubes he had on that he would need anymore.

"Well, it seems that he is healing well. Thankfully the wounds weren't that severe and have been healing properly for the past 3 days. He doesn't have selective or general amnesia, which is also good. His heart is working normally, and overall, he is quite okay." The doctor explained as he checked his tablet, looking up at you with a smile.

"I would like to keep him a few more days in, just to make sure he is alright, and then you can take him home." He added, bowing his head after you nodded in agreement. "Yes, that sounds wonderful." You replied.

You bowed back once he gave you a nod, taking his leave and the nurse soon followed behind once she was done, a slight red and distressed look on her face. You went back to Jungkook and saw him grinning a bit from his now sitting position. "What are you grinning about?" You asked.

"The nurse was flirting with me," Jungkook said, leaning back on the pillows of his bed. You hummed in response, feeling jealous that she was flirting with Jungkook. You reached over to fix his pillows a bit, his hands weakly grabbing you and making you sit on the bed beside him.

"But I told her that you are my soon-to-be-wife." He whispered, smiling sweetly while a blush crept up on your cheeks. "You just woke up from a coma and you're already flirting with me." You said back, hitting his arm gently.

"What can I say? I missed seeing you blush." He said, pulling you into a tight hug. He was relieved that you were okay and you were happy that he was finally awake.

-----------------------------------

I want to apologize to all of you for taking 2 weeks to update. I have been going through some major difficulties on writing or even being on social media lately. I've been feeling kinda down and not in the mood to talk to anyone. But I will try to come back again and give you updates more often ❤️

I hope you enjoyed the chapter :3