[ Chapter 72 ]

The entire family was walking down the path by the beach, talking and laughing as they ate tteokbokki that they had bought from a street food vendor

The entire family was walking down the path by the beach, talking and laughing as they ate tteokbokki that they had bought from a street food vendor. You also had a small box in your hand, but you were lost in your thoughts and too distracted to eat.

You weren't in the mood to eat either. Your mind was too busy with the thoughts of you forgetting your anti-conceptive pills, even forgetting about your fertility window. Your hands began to shake slightly which didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook, his eyes softening as he glanced at you, noticing that you weren't eating either.

He glanced at Junghyun who also noticed your zoned-out state, heaving a sigh after. "We'll go check that store out, you can sit on the beach and talk to her," Junghyun said reassuringly. Everyone walks away after giving Jungkook a reassuring smile, leaving the two of you alone.

You noticed them walk away, glancing at Jungkook and then at their disappearing figures. "Jungkook, they are heading there. We'll lose them if we don't-" His hands grabbed your shoulders, the one holding his box of tteokboki carefully touching your arm.

"They went to check the store so we have some alone time." He said quickly in response, making you widen your eyes slightly and gulp before nodding in response. "Oh, okay." You said, giving him a small smile before he let go of your shoulders.

His free hand took yours in his, pulling you towards the beach after. He caressed the top of your palm as you reached a set of rocks near the shore, where people were less crowded and with less chance of hearing you talk.

"I've noticed you're quite off and zoned out. Tell me what you're thinking about." He said sweetly as he lifted you to sit on one of the rocks. You stared into his eyes for a bit before sighing, looking down at the tteokbokki.

"It's nothing. The anxiety and the panic attack left me tired." You said, avoiding the subject. "Y/n. You haven't touched your food at all." He said, placing his box of tteokbokki on the rock beside you. His hands rested on your side while he stood in the space between your legs, eyes sweetly staring at you.

"Baby. I know what you are thinking. Pregnant or not, I will still love you." He whispered, your eyes instantly snapping up at him. They watered as he smiled, leaning in and pecking your lips. "If a baby is growing inside you right now, I'll be the happiest man in the world." He added.

"I know it is probably early since we have been dating for about 6 months now. But it is never too early or late if we both are determined we will stay with and love each other. Haneul and my hyung got married 4 months after they started dating and had Aera 3 months after their marriage." He explained.

"No matter what happens, I will stay with you. I am 27-years-old and it is about time that I start making my own family. And that family is you and the small possibility of a child growing inside you."

You sobbed heavily at his words, his hand taking your tteokbokki out of your hands and placing it beside his before hugging your shaking and sobbing figure into his chest. "I love you, baby. Nothing will make me feel different." He whispered reassuringly.