CHAPTER 4 - ZOOM

8 MONTHS AGO

S.T.A.R. LABS, GAIA-602

A press conference was being held, in the center was an Umbreon by the name of Alexander Wells. All around him were reporters

Wells: "Hello. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Alexander Wells."

There was a large applause for the Umbreon

Wells: "Today, the future has arrived. Our town has seen incredible, impossible things: Meta-Pokémons... male and female... with extraordinary abilities: the ability to soar above buildings, to run faster than the speed of light."

He sighed: "Unfortunately, most of these Meta-Pokémons have chosen the wrong path with these powers, a dark path. My team and I at S.T.A.R. Labs are committed to keeping up with these perilous times, and so may I present to you..."

The Umbreon showed a device that was on his wrist: "...our new line of Meta-Pokémon awareness apps."

The crowd applauded the technology that S.T.A.R. Labs created

Wells explained: "This technology will allow you to instantly detect the presence of a Meta-Pokémon. You'll be instantly alerted to an approaching speedster, like Zoom or like..."

The device began to beep, it flashed red and the Flash appeared, it was Jay. The crowd clapped for the Flash

Wells: "Flash. Welcome, Flash."

Jay: "Tell them the truth, Dr. Wells. Everything that has happened to this town the past two years is because of you. You created all of us metas. You created Zoom."

The crowd gasped

Wells laughed: "I created Zoom?"

Jay: "11 hours before the first meta sighting, enormous blasts of dark matter radiation were silently expelled beneath this lab."

Wells: "I'm sorry, Flash, I believe all this fast running may have scrambled your brain."

Jay: "You take no responsibility for the wreckage your mistakes have caused. Admit it, Wells, and then maybe you can truly help me do something about it."

Wells scoffed: "Help you? Because I'm the greatest tech entrepreneur of all time? You're the superhero, and we would all be safe if you would just do your job and stop Zoom."

The two entered a staring contest before Jay scoffed and ran off

Wells laughed: "Well, I guess it's safe to say the speedster sensors work."

A female Glaceon looked at Wells: "You okay, Dad?"

Wells looked at her and nodded: "I'm fine, sweetie."

He turned back to the crowd: "Now where was I? Oh, that's right, the future."

PRESENT DAY – 6028

GAIA-601

CORTEX, S.T.A.R. LABS

Pearl, Trace and Speed were in the Cortex. In the middle of the room was Wells, he was reading the other Wells' autobiography

Wells: "Very strange to be holding your autobiography, especially when you didn't write it and it's not about you."

He dropped the book on the desk

Speed introduced him to Pearl and Trace

Speed: "Dr. Pearl Snow, Trace Ramon, meet Dr. Alexander Wells from Gaia-602."

Trace: "Hi."

Wells: "Hi."

Pearl looked at Speed: "Wait, did you say 602?"