CHAPTER 8 PT 2 - ESCAPING GAIA-602

24 HOURS REMAIN

MEANWHILE

ALEX'S OFFICE, S.T.A.R. LABS

Alex was watching the news report on the TV, it was the side of a building that was on fire, but there was a message

"Bring Me Wells"

Alex knows Zoom is searching for him, they had to find CC and fast

Suddenly the door opened behind him and he aimed his rifle at the door. Trace entered through the door and put his paws in the air

Trace: "Alex! Don't shoot!"

Alex put down the gun: "Damn it, Ramon. Where's Allen?"

Trace: "Zoom took him."

Alex: "What?"

Trace began to explain: "We tracked down Deathstorm and Killer Frost, met my doppelganger, Reverb super evil mon, super evil powers. The three of them almost took down Speed until Zoom showed up, killed Trace-602, killed Deathstorm for hurting a speedster. But then he left Killer Frost alive and then took off with Speed."

Alex: "How are you still alive?"

Trace shrugged: "Looks like he cares even less about me than you do, Alex."

Alex: "Zoom doesn't do anything by accident. Did he follow you here?"

Trace shook his head: "He didn't follow me. But check this out."

He pulled out Reverb's goggles

Trace: "I jacked these from my dead ringer. I think we can tweak these puppies...use them to find Zoom."

Alex took them off Trace's paws: "Damn it, Ramon, we don't have time for this. Zoom is hunting us! We need to make an alternate plan, because if we don't, Zoom..."

Trace tried to calm the Umbreon down: "Stop thinking like that, okay? We're gonna find CC, and we're gonna find Speed. I know we will."

???: "Hello? Is anymon there?"

The two looked around for the source of the voice, it was coming from a tablet. Trace looked at the tablet. It was a view from inside where Speed's doppelganger was. Turns out, he just woke up

Speed-602: "Okay, whoever's responsible for this, oh, ho, ho...boy, we're gonna have words the two of us, okay? This is...this is not okay."

Trace and Alex walked inside the room where Speed-602 was and uncuffed him

Speed-602: "Dr. Wells, this is very disappointing. I mean, the two of you should be ashamed of yourselves. You can't just lock somemon in a room like this."

He looked at Alex: "Doctor, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but my wife is a very well-respected detective in the PTRD. She's got to be very upset."

Trace sighed: "Whoa, this is heavy."

Speed-602: "It certainly is. And I'm sorry, fellas, but I demand to know what the heck is going on here this instant."

Trace: "Speed, this is a very long story-"

Alex cut him off: "One that we don't have time to tell right now. We're sorry we locked you in that room for a day, but right now, you need to leave. You need to gather-"

An alarm started to blare cutting Alex off. It was the Meta Alert App, Zoom was here

Alex's eyes went wide: "He's here."

The three ran out into the hallway as the alarm continued to blare

Speed-602: "Dr. Wells, hey, what the heck is going on?"