Chapter 4

(Francesca's clothes in media ----> )

~~~~Last Time On '30 Days To Find Love' ~~~~

"Hi Ludmi, what can I get you? " I asked.

"Just the regular. " She replied smiling.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to refresh my memory. "

She raised her eyebrow. "Really? I've gotten the same thing for, like, two years now. "

"THIS WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU, LUDMILA. " I shouted as she gasped. "Now tell me your order or I'll make something up myself. " I said folding my arms.

--------------

"... AND don't forget that you'll probably die soon anyways. "

"Thanks, that part almost slipped my mind. " She said sarcastically. "Now if you don't mind, I need to get away from you two. "

"Alright, no need to be rude. " I said.

"You've been warmed. " Maxi said.

She rolled her eyes and got out of the apartment. "She'll never get it. She's just like all the others. " I said folding my arms.

"I won't be so sure if I were you. " He said mimicking my actions.

"Wanna bet? " I smirked. He nodded and we left the place.

------------

"What do you do when you're in a bad place, Diego? " I asked.

"I think about the two of us together and my troubles go away, for a little. " He said.

"Why? How so you get hope out of our mess of a relationship? " I ask.

"I think about the times when everything was going well. In those moments, everything was perfect. I wasn't afraid of anything. I know we messed it up, but just knowing we have that potential keeps me going. " He explained.

"In those moments, I wasn't afraid of anything either. " I mumbled honestly.

He smiled. "Listen, I know I'm on thin ice with you, but I got us tickets to see this great new DJ. " He said.

"The last time I saw you we were breaking glasses and plates at your apartment... " He laughed. "... And you already wanna start dating again? " I asked.

"You don't have to decide anything right now. " He said.

"I promise you I'll think about it. " I paused fir a minute. "What made you get back in touch with me? Why now? " I asked folding my arms.

He sighted. "Something bad happened, Francesca. "

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Francesca POV
----/28 Days 'Till Amor Aeternus \----

I woke up the next day feeling frustrated.

I can't believe Diego's father died. He was the one that got Diego into music.

It feels like I'm surrounded by death...

I don't know if I can be with Diego, but he does know a thing or two. If I'm going to be happy, I need to live in the moment, I need to stop being afraid. Liv or die, I'm not going to keep sulking.

I guess that starts with with apologizing to Tomas.

I got out of my bed and into the bathroom. I took a hot bath and got changed. (in media ----->)

I got out of the house and started walking to the coffee shop. When I got there, I took a deep breath and opened the door. I saw Tomas cleaning a table.

Here goes nothing.

I went to him and smiled. "Good morning. "

"Hi. " He simply responded.

I sighted. "Listen, I'm sorry. I still can't tell you what the problem was. Let's just say it's a sensitive issue. " I explained. "But, it turns out that a little time relaxing actually did the trick for me. I can't promise I'll be the perfect employee, but I promise it won't happen again... " I trailed off as he smiled. "...that is, if you'll take me back. " I said, a little worried about what he's going to say.

"You may not be typical barista material, but you add some much needed grit to this place. " I laughed as he went on. "I'm happy to have you back. " He said smiling.

"Thanks. You're not typical boss material, either, by the way. " I said as he chuckled.

"Glad to hear it. " I went to the cash register and put my stuff next to me and started organizing some stuff.

"By the way... " I looked behind me and saw Tomas. I nodded for him to continue. "...if you don't mind hanging out with your unusual boss, I've got a garden on my rooftop. Tending it always helps me when I'm in a bad mood. Come by tomorrow if you feel like it. " He offered, smiling.

I smiled back. "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. " I said, turning my attention to the door as the next costumer coming in.

Speaking of apologizing, here comes Mr. Obnoxious.

I was probably a little too harsh on him...

"I come in peace. All I need is my morning caffeine. " Marco said coming in my direction.

"Listen, I'm sorry about last time. " I said, preparing his order. I get hassled a lot doing this job and sometimes it boils over. " I said handing the order to him as he smiled.

Is it weird that I feel good now that he's happy?

"Look, I know we're not off to the greatest start, but the invitation stands. " I nodded. "If a week in LA is too big of a commitment, how about a day the beach? " He asked. "Pick you up at noon tomorrow? "

I laughed. "Well, you certainly are presistent. " He joined in too. "I'll keep it in mind. "

"Here's my number. " He said handing me a piece of paper with his name and number on it. "Don't loose it, I know where you work! " He said whilst going towards the door. Before he left, he looked back at me and winked, which made me smile lightly.

*Later That Day - At Francesca's Place*

I entered the house and flopped down on the couch.

Well I made it a whole day without crying. Gotta be thankful for the little things. Not to mention I've got three activities for tomorrow to choose from.

I hate to turn down any of the boys, but I can only go to one... Who do I choose?

Hmm... I'll go to the show with Diego. He needs to be cheered up after his Dad dying...

I picked up my phone and texted every single one of the boys.

I hope this is the right choice...

I can't get too caught up second-guessing myself.

Time for bed. I need to be ready to rock tomorrow.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey guys!
I'm soooooo sorry I wasn't updating more often. There's no Internet 😰
But I'm back 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Plz comment & vote.

See you next time 😃

~Nour ❤️💙😘