Chapter 13

(Fran's clothes in media)

~~~~ Last Time On '30 Days To Find Love' ~~~~

"I'm Jane Landers. " I replied.

"Sam Deckard. " Marco said.

"We're from the Times. Here to see Ferro. " I said. "Is he ready yet? " I asked.

The police officer folded his arms. "He's not receiving any visitors today. "

"That's too bad for whoever's trying to visit him, but we're here to do an interview. " Marco said.

"An interview? " The officer asked. "About what? "

"Police misconduct. He volunteered, despite it jeopardizing his case. " Marco replied.

What. The hell. Does 'jeopardizing' even mean?

"It would look pretty bad if you turned us away. " I said, folding my arms.

"He's not having any visitors today, I'm sorry. " The officer replied.

I smirked. "Listen officer, if we don't make our deadline, the paper comes out without this story. When the paper comes out without this story, my editor's unhappy. When my editor's unhappy, he calls people in high up places. In this case, that would be police commissioner Franklin. " The police officer gasped. "I usually don't like to speculate, and I don't know the commisionner personally. But I imagine he wouldn't be too pleased with you. Nope, not too pleased. " I said, shaking my head.

I'm too good.

"I've got thirty minutes and then I've got to get the scoop on the Paulson scandal. " I added. "Tick tock. " I said, tapping on my left wrist.

"Wait here. " The officer said, going somewhere.

"I can't believe that worked. " Marco said.

"Don't jinx it! " I exclaimed.

The police officer came back. "He's waiting for you in the visitors room. Down the hall to the left. "

.
.
.
.

"Why didn't you report me? " He asked.

"What? " I asked, a bit confused.

"I know the charges against me... from five different incidents. Yours isn't one of them. "

"What can I say. I was terrified. That night sent me into a bad place... Which brings me to why I'm here. I need you to talk. " I explained.

"About what? " He asked.

"Why you did it.How you could do it. To me, and all those other people... Especially the one you put in the hospital. "

He shrugged. "Why should I? "

"Because if you don't, I can always report my incident as well. " I angrily exclaimed. "I'm pretty sure that can't help your case. What've you got to loose? "

He sighted. "Nothing, I guess. That's also the short answer to your question. You can bring yourself to do a lot of things when you've got nothing left to lose. "

I definitely get that part.

"Why don't you give me the slightly longer answer? " I asked.