16. Recovery

A/N:School and work can just suck my holly jolly di-

ANYWAYS IM BAAAAACK🕺🕺

Striker stood in the doorway, watching the bandaged prince slowly sip tea with  his pinky's up. "Mornin, birdy. Feeling better?"

Stolas looked over at the cowboy and smiled. "It's still hurts a little but I'll be alright." The owl laid his head back with a sigh. "I'm worried about Blitz."

"I talked to him. He isn't allowed to see you until he changed his ways. You need to gain your energy too. I'll take you and the kid on a little adventure."

Stolas perked up. "Really? Where?"

"You're the prince of stars and shit right? Let's go see the stars tonight."

Stolas's eyes widened. "Really?! That sounds amazing!"

Striker simply smiled. "Easy. You're still wounded." He offered a hand to the prince who gladly accepted, leaning on the cowboy for support. "One step at a time. Don't rush."

Stolas took a few wobbly steps before his legs began to get used to his weight

But just for precaution, Striker held the prince's waist for support and guided him to a boomproof, the imps horse.

Striker managed to help the prince onto the back of the horse before helping the young princess upon the second horse. "Alright, we ready?"

"Yep!" Octavia smiled.

Striker hopped back on his horse. "Holding me tight."

Stolas leaned forward, wrapping his arms around the imps waist and resting his head on his shoulder.

Striker chuckled and shook his head before allowing his horse to gently trot along the path.

After a good 20 minutes of complete silence, Striker finally spoke.

"I know you love him, Stolas. But he has to learn how to control his temper before he seriously injures or kill you and your daughter. I want you to heal and understand the true meeting of love. I can't give that to you. You need to know and understand your worth, Stolas. Because you're not to be fucked with. Yeah, you're powerless at the moment but you still have this." Striker poked his head. "And her." He then pointed to Octavia. "Put your foot down a little."

Stolas hummed and nodded with a smile. "Thank you... for helping me and my daughter."

"Hey, it's no problem. I just don't want you to be forced to be with him, y'know?  If you want to see him again, that's fine. But I think your daughter needs to stay with me just in case he spazzes again." Striker said.

Stolas raised an eyebrow. "How can I trust you alone with her? She's just 16."

"I don't care if she's 40, I'm not taking advantage of anyone. Besides, baby girl could rip my head off my shoulders if she wanted to. Be careful though. He's a hot headed one."

Stolas nodded. "I will. And if he does do something stupid... make sure my daughter is safe."

"Not a problem." Striker hopped off the horse.

Stolas hopped to the front of the saddle and started making his way back to the farmhouse. Blitz probably hates him after what he's done. But why did that bother him? That imp tried to KILL him. Kill his child, he stripped him of his powers, he's been kidnapped twice by him. But he also willing saved his life. It was so confusing whether to stay with Striker or go with Blitz.

But he was already at the house.

Stolas simply sighed and hopped off of the horse before walking up to the front door. With a deep breath, he gently knocked twice.

Millie opened the door with a large axe in her hand. "WE AIN'T BACKIN DOWN THAT EASY YOU- Oh! Prince Stolas!"

Stolas waved. "Hello Mildred. Is Blitz inside? I want to talk to him."

Millie nodded and moved to the side. "He's upstairs. But we haven't seen him since you left."

Stolas looked upstairs and slowly made his way upstairs. Taking his time after each step was crucial with a bullet wound.

Once he made it to the top of the stairs, he gently knocked on Blitz's door. "Blitz? I know you're upset with me but I've thought about you. About us. I want to give this another try. Just more... healthy if that makes sense?"

Complete silence.

"Blitz?" The prince knocked a little harder.

More silence.

Stolas knocked a little harder before he gently cracked open the door. "Blitz, come on, you don't have to-"

The prince's entire body turned a ghost white color once he walked into the room to spot Blitzø hanging by the light fixture, seemingly lifeless.

Without hesitation, he bolted into the room and rushed over to cut the imp down.

"Come on, come on!" Stolas cut the rope with tears fell down his face. "No, no, why would you do this?! No!"

Once Blitzø was free from the rope, Stolas laid him back on the bed and checked for any signs of life.

But nothing moved.

Blitzø was gone.

"Why...why did you do this? Why Blitz..." Stolas laid on the imp and silently sobbed.

It was his fault. He knew Blitz loved him and he ran away with a stranger. He's why this happened.

"Prince Stolas, are you alri-" Moxxie froze in place with sheer surprise in his eyes while Millie was already in tears.

"No...no.."

Moxxie quickly comforted his wife. "Shh, don't look honey... don't look..."

"Why are you all standing out in the hallway like it's a funeral?" Loona asked,

Stolas immediately stood up and walked over to her. "Loona... I have some.. terrible news to share with you... about your father.."

"What did he steal this time?"

Stolas only looked down.

Loona was genuinely confused until her eyes trailed from the rope on the ceiling, to the lifeless body of-"

"Blitz..?" She slowly walked over to him. "Very funny asshole. Now get up."

Usually Blitzø would start laughing, but he didn't. He didn't say anything.

"I said get up, damnit!" Loona grabbed the imp by the collar and lifted him in the air. "Get up Blitz, you promised you would never leave me! Stop joking! This isn't a prank!"

Loona threw him down and started checking for a pulse. "You're alive, you're... you're not... you can't...y-you would never leave me.... wake up... please dad...I don't have anyone.."

Moxxie looked away before wiping away a tear from his eye.

Stolas walked over to Loona and gently touched her back. "You have me, dear... you have me.."

Loona couldn't even contain her tears before she hugged the prince tightly. "O-okay..."

Stolas gently rubbed her head while looking at Blitz.

Oh Blitz, why would you do this to us...

A/N: THE END😍

Nah I'm fw y'all 😭