00

Now°

River Hale Brooke.

Most of my life I knew what I wanted, knew what exactly I needed, never backed down and never ever let another person belittle me or make me feel inferior, its led to a lot of confrontations and a lot of people that have parted from me, moved away or just plainly told me that they couldn't be my friends, I never held it against them, I accepted it and moved on, my naivety finally wore off, my stubborn streak with it, I eventually just wanted peace and a life I could be proud of, well, I'm almost there, I'm not perfect, that's for sure, but I try. "Incendia." I whisper as the candles in my office light up all at once, another blackout, which was the perfect excuse for him to come over and we rip each other's clothes off and do what we always did, love, and make love.

"Your magic still fascinates me up until now." He groggily mumbles as he tries to wrap his arms around my torso, but unfortunately, I can't let him, its complicated but I have to remind him with actions not words. "Magic is magic, nothing complicated about it Julian." I responded making him chuckle. "Oh really, okay then, come back, lay with me for a minute more." He pleads as he tries again which I didn't refuse, I had a weak spot for him and at times, it wasn't the healthiest. "Your hair is getting longer." He rumbles, his inner lycan taking in the scent of me, how I knew that, I don't know. "I like it, and you like it longer." I pointed out making both of us chuckle as our lips met and sparks were emitted, the candles I lit flaring a bright white. Our kiss turns heated as he overturns me, his large body pressing hard on my dainty form, he was an alpha, he was huge in everything, that's how I could feel all his very long thick inches grinding on my leg.

I allowed him entry, and each thrust, each pump is bliss, every waking moment of our pleasure made me lose sense of everything and just focus on him and him alone, and when we both reached what was climax, I could feel his seed, it was hot and it was a lot filling me, and with lycan tendencies, not a single drop was supposed to drip out of me, it was crazy but it excited me, as our high finally came to an end, he collapsed ontop of me. "You'll be the death of me." He whispered in my ear, if only he knew it was most likey the same for me, but all good things must come to an abrupt end. "Are you alright?" I asked when he suddenly froze and moved away from me, the slight chill of having him off me nipping at my skin.

"Yeah, I'm fine, its nothing." Clearly he was lying, but I couldn't pressure him into telling me, our relationship had those limits, if you could call it that, then his phone vibrated, yeah, it was time he left, again. "You gotta go." I suggested and he brushed his neck apologetically. "Yeah, I have to go." He accepted and I nodded, in a not so natural speed, he picked up and wore his clothes, with the snap of a finger I was dressed, well almost dressed, I had no shoes, and Julian's, I tossed them toward him, he grabbed them without another word he was gone, leaving me feeling empty and lately, used. I knew I had chosen to do this, chosen to go along with whatever this was, but sometimes it gets to me, its a burden that's taking a toll on me, I had actual feelings for him and I didnt even know if he felt anything besides a very satisfying sexual appetite for me, leave it to me to choose the worst possible man to fall in love with, someone who wouldn't have me.

Cleaning up wasn't hard, I was the one who needed most of it anyway, looking around my office I sighed, I chose this for myself, with those thoughts, I clenched my fist and the burning candles all went out. Bag and phone in hand, I made sure the bakery was closed and secure before walking out, the power would be back on by morning and I'd get ready for the day then. The air was particularly warm in the night, Winchester Peak, I had moved here senior year of high school with my older brother Riley, we had decided to leave our old town, well I had decided to leave because of how unwanted I was in it, my brother tagged along and our parents decided to move back to their home in Greenway Bay where most of our relatives are, I decided to stay here, and grow, and honestly I had, the only downside is that Winchester maybe witch friendly but it was dominantly lycan territory, they respected other species as long as you respected them and never broke their accords, if you did, there was a heavy price to pay.

I had walked all the way home clouded by my thoughts, was Julian worth all the turmoil I went through, was it worth it or was I just prolonging an already traumatic situation that would eventually end up hurting me, did I want to let go of the hope that one day he would want me, claim me in front of his pack as his, that was never going to happen. I left a trail of clothes as I got into the bathtub, warm water infused with bath salts and  aromatherapy gems, it always did the trick when I had those mind blowing sessions with Julian, he pounded hard and knew how to use his tools. A sigh escaped my lips as I sink in deeper, it was really good.

"You might want to wake up before your skin starts peeling off." I heard the faint words but my mind was too foggy. "River, wake up, or I will drag you out." Riley asserted as I finally registered his words but it was too late. "Riley!" I shrieked as he pulled out my naked form from the bathtub, made me sit on the large towel he had laid out by the edge and wrapped it around me. He sighs loudly and goes to drain the bathtub. "How many times do I have to tell you, don't sleep in the bathtub." He scolds and like a child I shrink into myself, but I wasn't a child, Riley was generally scary when he was sort of angry. "It was an honest mistake, and why in the world are you naked?" I shot back and he gave me a blank look. "Full moon, run, the whole pack." He explains making the lightbulb go off in my head. "Yeah, thought so." He adds making me snicker. Unlike me Riley was a wolf  or lycan however you viewed it, and when we moved here, he was accepted into the pack, I on the other hand, let's just say I exist to them.

"So how was it, did you see your mate?" I asked as he instead of taking a bath, showered in my bathroom, we had no boundaries, which was weird and odd for people most of the times but I didn't care, he was my brother. "Yeah I saw her, I just couldn't get close enough for her to actually notice me." He replied with a really disappointed sigh, I was sorry for Riley, he knew Zaya was his mate, she was gorgeous, really smart and fierce, the pack warrior's daughter, one of the three fiercest men in the pack, and that meant Riley couldn't just go up to her tell her they were bonded, she had to feel it too, and she would, in about two weeks, that's when I had estimated it and what her thread revealed when I read it.  "Just hang in there Riley, you'll be together soon enough, and everything will be okay." I comforted my brother as he wrapped a towel around his waist.

"Yeah, I hope so, listen, I don't want you to hear it from someone else, or from the peak vine, so I thought I should tell you myself, its not been announced yet but when I went to the pack house earlier to give alpha Khan the final draft for the new housing project, I heard him discussing with Kara's parents, they were arranging a mating for Julian and Kara, and both parties agreed, by full moon next week  there will be a ceremony for them and a week from then Julian becomes alpha." I didn't know how to react, that's why he had been off when he left, had he known. "Oh—." I forced out as Riley didn't say anything, just held me, because I sure knew I was falling apart right then.

+++

Saint_Jay.