18.

Happiness in Abundance.

Julian.

"No wait!" I yelled trying to get away from my siblings who got to me and covered me in icing. "We got you!" They cheered before running off to Riley, somehow they had taken to the large lovable guy, it wasn't a mystery why they took to him so easily, Riley and River just had that sunny happiness around them that drew you in. "Best birthday ever?" My father asks as he hands me a wet towel and I chuckle wiping the white creamy icing off. "Yes, even if she's missing, it has been the best." I replied and he sighed thinking about her,his mate, our mom. "She would've loved them both, and finally you'd have a mate who put you in your place." He joked as we watched River dance with the others.

The party was small, meaningful with the closest people to me, I don't know how River knew I'd appreciate it like this, but I was grateful for it, he had given me happiness that I never thought I could get. "He's going to change us for the better." I told my father who snickered. "You're telling me alpha, he told the whole pack that our traditions were primitive, and that we had defiled sacred ground, now a whole lot of the pack is cleaning up the arena, they've cleared it out and have started making a garden there, in one night." He responded shocking me, how did one witch have such an impact. "I know we're headed for something amazing, with him, it will be worth it." He further added as I held his hand. "Thank you dad, for everything, for trusting River and I, for trusting me with the pack." I mumbled as he pulled me into a bear hug.

"I'm proud of you kiddo, I couldn't see past my own stupid reasons, and you forced me to see my own bullshit and change course before I ruined your life, River's and Kara, I still regret her though, I should've been better, and I will strive to be better because of you, you've made me really happy lately Julian, I should actually ask you to forgive me for being a horrible father, I'm so sorry my child." He expressed as I held onto him tighter. "I do forgive you dad, without you, we wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be the man I am today, we were given a miracle in the form of a beautiful witch and he's repairing us in the most beautiful way, so it's not just me doing all the work, he makes me want to be better, for myself, for him, he saved me, and I know, if I trust him, he'll save her." I finally said it, finally accepted myself, forgave my father, and knew what to do.

"How?" My father mutters as he places a kiss in my hair before letting me go. "Remember those two lycans that died when they challenged us?" I questioned and he nodded slowly. "He brought them back to life, without any fault or repercussion." I told him and his head snapped to River who inturn looked to us, his hair waved beautifully around him creating a glow I couldn't take my eyes away from, how truly beautiful, he waved at us, my father and I awkwardly waved back, he chuckled turning to my siblings who just wanted to suffocate him in hugs. "He did that—are you sure he can do it for her, some tried, and her being rejected the magic." Dad argues and I shook in refusal, River was different, his magic was different. "You feel he can do it don't you?" Dad argued on his own and I nodded. "Alright, you have my blessing to try." He finally accepted and I hugged him again. "Thanks dad." I whispered before letting go, he cleared his throat, his macho masculinity not taking any more of my affection.

"Luna." My father adresses my mate as he walks over to us, he immediately excuses himself and I'm left with my beautiful mate, I don't wait for him to come closer  I close the gap and hug him. "I thank the goddess for you, mate." I whispered in his ear, before placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "I love you even more alpha Julian Leicester." He responded with that warm smile that drew me in. "Come with me." He stated and I didn't question him, just followed him into the woods, the noise of the party faded away as sounds of nature engulfed us in their serene embrace. "The Goddess gives us blessings in abundance, and I never thought I'd be blessed so early, blessed with so many things, I thank her each day because I don't know how else to express my gratitude." He exclaimed as we came to another clearing, this part of the woods, I'd never been to, the trees had white leaves that glowed in the dim light until the moon reflected on us and them, it made my mate look like a god himself and the nature around us, so beautiful.

"I'm grateful aswell, I have you, and a family you're helping me rebuild and hold together with love—" I asserted and he carressed my cheek as he took my hand and placed it on his stomach. "Soveres." He whispered the enchantment as everything dimmed out, only nature was left. "Listen." He told me, and I did, at first it was slow, growing bit by bit, the mark branded on my neck by his magic responded aswell as his heartbeat made it to my ears then something else, two steady, strong, ridiculously strong hearts beating with his. "Is that, what I think it is?" I demanded falling to my knees and pressing my ear to his stomach, tears burned my eyes as I knew, I knew right then. "Are we—are they—?" I couldn't form the words as I finally let my tears fall. "She blesses us in abundance, we are pregnant." I heard him say as I clung to him and cried, I couldn't express my joy any other way, I was going to be a papa.

"Thank you, thank you, —thank you." I repeated it over and over clutching onto him, he chuckled as I held him closer, my lycan was howling in absolute happiness at the prospect of having our own pups, our children. "Thank you River, thank you." It kept pouring from my lips, I didn't know how to express my gratitude, he had made me a father, I was going to smugly put this in my father's face, I couldn't believe how today had gone, from being given the title, to a birthday that was spectacular now this, how was I so deserving. "Thank you, yes, yes!" I screamed to the moon whilst twirling him around, his laughter was infectious as I laughed too. "Put me down Julian." He might've tried to be serious but his laughter made me happier. "You're truly my miracle and blessing come true." I told him as I finally put him down.

"I couldn't keep it from you anylonger, but we can't tell anyone else yet, with all the threats of He, I wanted us to be cautious." He expressed and I completely understood, even with my wild lycan, we understood and in that instant we had become overprotective of our mate, he was perfect. "I promise, I won't let anyone hurt you." I didn't tell him but my life was sworn on it, I'd die before he or our children got hurt. "Come on, we've been gone for a while." I state wanting to get back, it was getting chilly anyway. "Ah, I see I'm already fragile as glass." He joked and I rolled my eyes. "I just want you to be warm, plus you owe me a dance." I responded with what he calls a cocky smirk and he chuckled caressing my cheek. Everyone was still having a good time as we got back. "About that dance." River suggested and I chuckled holding up on my end.

"I could offer you a warm embrace, to make you feel my love." I sang along horribly to the song as we slow danced, tonight had been beyond amazing and all my happiness, it came from him, I was truly grateful.

I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
To make you feel my love.

+++

I may not write a lot in Julian's direction but when I do, it always feels right.

Adele ~ Make you feel my love,

Julian and River would do anything for each other, even watch the world burn.

Saint_Jay