25.

Parental Roast.

River.

"What are you doing here?" I demand as our father finally releases us from the tight hug he had us in. "Am I not allowed to see my children, you call, we video chat, we magically talk aswell but physically touching you is more precious than anything." He replies with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes, I had missed him so much. "We missed you dad." Riley finally said it as we walked toward Julian, Clarke and Brent. "Uh, mister Brooke sir, it's nice to finally meet you in person." Julian stuttered as he stood infront of the one and only Kalder Brooke, he was tall, he was powerful and he was intimidating. "I can't say the same." He replied and I flinched, oh boy. "You already know Julian, this is the head warrior Brent, his mate also the next chief medical doctor Clarke." Riley cut in and I sent a silent thank you to him.

"Ah, I'm impressed, it's nice to meet you aswell boys, forgive me I have to take away these three, their mother is waiting." Dad asserted with a charming smile both lycans nodded mesmerized by him, a lot couldn't resist that charm. "We'll clean up here and check with patrol if there are any more intrusions." Brent explained before dad ushered us away to where Julian's car was, how he knew, I had no idea. "When did you get here dad?" I ask and he hums. "About an hour ago, Zaya was ready to come back with her mother, the doctor had cleared her aswell, so I suggested we tag along with her, your mother and I hadn't seen you boys in a while plus we had to meet these mates of yours in person and their families, safe to say I'm not sure if I'm spectacularly disappointed or midly impressed." He asserted looking between me and Julian and if looks could induce fear, I'm sure what I felt from my mate, was it.

"We're so glad to have you here, River and I had planned to come visit but—." Julian tried again and I commended him. "You were attacked by a brainless idiot whose playing his cards with everyone as witness, yes, I've noticed, if you had simply done a head dive you'd have noticed that the lycan you wanted to kill was not who he claimed to be." He exclaimed, giving me reason to believe that my vision was right, his whole fate unraveling in front of me was a sign that he was lying about who he was. "So that wasn't our enemy?" Julian asserted and I nodded his way. "Get in, I'm driving." Dad mumbled and none of us dared argue with that, never argue with dad, it was a golden rule. "So whoever has been trying to kill us is still out there, waiting?" Julian muttered with a sigh as we sat in the back, Riley was beside dad at the passenger side.

"Sorry to say but yeah, I'm sure this was a decoy plan to see how well we'd react, how we would fight and where the weakness of the barriers were, with that plan, I'm not sure how successful they were, what I'm sure about is that He is still out there." I expressed feeling exhausted by the whole ordeal, I was tired of waiting for him to attack, to make his final move so I could just kill him and be rid of him, but that was hasty, waiting and patience would get us victory plus I could focus on something else since our parents were here, they didn't know about their grandchildren and I'm sure they would blow a gasket when they knew, dad wasn't fond of being kept in the dark about his family growing, and mom wasn't a fan of not making baby booties early and not pampering her grandbabies enough, Riley and I had been told of those things several times.

"So how's the bakery and the firm, you barely tell us everything, it's like we don't matter because we're far." This wasn't going to be a conversation that ended soon. "Dad, don't be a baby, we tell you everything, some of the things we don't say, they aren't important, like extending the bakery, you made a fuss about it." Riley replied narrowing his eyes on the man who narrowed his own back. "I wanted to know why you were extending, it was a little cute shop with treats of all kinds inside, extending it made it bigger and seemingly not quaint and cute." He argued and I groaned, now I know where I got my stubborn streak for aesthetics, it was him. "I'm sorry." Riley conceded as we finally reached the house, I'm sure dad had gotten the directions from Riley. "Oh my baby!" A shrill cheer escaped her lips as she made her way toward us.

"Mom!" Both Riley and I say simultaneously but our mother goes straight to Julian. "Oh my baby, give momma a hug." She exclaimed making my jaw drop. "What in the world is going on, no wonder dad was prickly when they met." I told Riley who just nodded looking at the two of them interact. "Look at you, you've grown so big, so muscular, I told you that shirt I got you wouldn't fit after you gained a few more pounds, but you look absolutely gorgeous, oh I missed you." She gushed over Julian like I've never seen before, dad stood with us and groaned, I can take a guess why he was prickly about my mate. "How long has this been going on?" I ask dad who groans. "Since he first ordered that four day spa treatment for her in Rollen Acres." He responded and Riley was just as shocked as I was.

"He did what now?" I demand and the man looked to me confused. "You didn't know?" He questions and I shook my head in refusal, I didn't know my mate and mother had a secret friendship and they bought each other stuff, I was in the dark about this, for so long. "They talk daily, at times you'll be there and sometimes you won't but she's always on a call or texting him, she knew more about what's going on here than me, it's why she actually pushed up our visit here." He explains as finally Julian and my mother stop laughing and face me. "When did this happen?" I demanded and our mother flatly looks at me. "Riley, back me up." I whisper and he's nowhere, I feel around for him and he's in the house with Zaya, traitor he left me to deal with this on my own. "That's no way to talk to your mother, now give me a hug." She asserted and I opened my arms for her, I had missed her warmth.

"Hi mom." I whisper burying myself in her neck. "Hello sweetheart." She whispered back as an overwhelming feeling took over and I cried, cried for all the times I just wanted to be held by her, cried for the moments she should've been here and missed them, cried because what ever was happening had me going on overtime whilst I was pregnant, I just needed an outlet. "It's okay my beautiful rose, mom and dad are here, we'll make everything alright, we'll make it all better." Dad soothed me as he joined in the hug rubbing my back, I had no idea I wanted this, now I realize I needed it more than ever, the love of a parent, the reassurance that everything would be okay and that life hadn't torn us apart, we were still a family and they would always be here for me.

"Come on kid, he's not my only son here." I heard dad speak before I felt Julian be embraced by my parents, he may have been hard and not as happy with him but I knew they had accepted him and that's all that mattered to me, they included him too in our family. "I love you guys." I mumbled as we break apart. "Love you too kiddo, now come on, we have a lot to talk about." Dad asserts as we make walk into the house, I knew everything was going to be okay.

+++

Saint_Jay