29.

The War II.

"I'd say it's nice to see Nadira, but we both know, it's really not." River exclaimed as his eyes looked behind him to where she stood, Nadira was as beautiful as his mother, but she was unhinged after all that happened to her which she blames River for, in all rights she had a right to blame River but taking it out on the pack was not necessary. "I know what you're gonna say, why attack the pack, why not just come for you." She asserted making River snicker as he still sat on the high tree branch looking down on Nadira. "I didn't attack them, Mahadhiv did, I only did what he asked because I had my own end goal and it led to you, finally I would get to kill you." She hissed, further showing her hatred for her nephew. "I wish you and Nadia had talked —" River paused, fate unraveled in his eyes and a wicked smile crossed his face.

"She told you, and you actually still believe I did it, for the record I did throw Vik into that coffin, his incessant proclamations of love for me were too much to handle, after all he was my uncle." River taunted the woman as his silver hair softly waved in the wind, it had grown past his waist now, yet Julian liked it that way. "How dare you even speak his name." Nadira spat as she hurled a bolt of lightning toward River but the boy held out his hand, it glowed white and the lightning was absorbed. "Temper temper, we'll get to that soon, I just want you to know, for the record, as Nadia would've delightfully said, I never meant to hurt you aunty, but you never saw how toxic Collen and Vik had gotten, now look even after they are dead, you're filled with hate and a vengeance that consumes all." River finally expressed it, expressed his feelings of hurt for Nadira but it was no use now, she was too far gone.

"I don't care for your pretty words River, you will pay for what you did, I'll make sure of it today!" She proclaimed as she sent a wind blade that cut the branch River was sitting on, a crystal platform replaced the branch and River remained in the air clearing his mind for what was about to happen. "As you wish." He conceded as Nadira hurled lightning at him, he responded by sending his own, the two spells clashed in the middle one trying to overpower the other, Nadira let the spell into one hand and cast another one, a vortex of wind whirled its way toward River but he held out his hand creating a bigger wind tunnel that overtook Nadira's, he clenched his fist snuffing it out, when Nadira saw this she hissed lowly and lowered her hand, River was just as strong as she was if she remembered correctly and also had Brooke blood, he wouldn't be easily taken down.

But no matter, she held her hands out and conjured a vortex of water in front of her. "Aquavalia." She cast the spell creating a water jet that hurtled toward River, he inturn stomped his foot on the ground raising a wall of earth, then vanishing and appearing above Nadira. "Lightning Rage." He cast the spell releasing bolt after bolt of lightning on the woman below, she barely screamed as she quickly created a barrier to shield herself but it began to crack and as River continued with his barrage it eventually shattered and pure unbridled lightning hit her over and over again until it exploded and she was thrown into a tree then rolled on the ground, Nadira didn't stay down for long she flipped to her feet and shot up into the sky conjuring a blade into her palm, one she slashed foward at River with.

The white haired witch made a crystal barrier that took the hit and reinforced itself after, a blade also appeared in River's palm and it clashed with Nadira's, he kept her occupied as they did their sword dance until his spell was ready. "You should've really looked down. Spiraling Orca." River cast the spell as a spiral of water shot up from the ground and slammed into Nadira one after the other, it consumed her pulling her back down to the ground. "Serpentine devoure thy enemy." And snakes conjured by River's magic were formed in the water, and one by one they hailed a barrage of attacks on Nadira, the last two tore her flesh apart before slamming her into the ground forcing her to drown. The woman screamed in fury as the water began bubbling up, she let loose an all consuming vortex of fire that destroyed the water prison instantly but she had been severely injured as she staggered to her feet bleeding.