28.

For the purpose of making this chapter a bit more understandable, the POV has been changed.

The War I.

"You're going to be okay, you have to be." River mumbled pressing a kiss to Julian's hands, they had prepared themselves all night, gathering as much energy and strength from each other as they could, because this was it, this would decide their future, there was no living to fight another day, just having to win. "I'll come back to you I promise, I know you'll come back to me." Julian assured his mate, pressing a kiss to his lips before they separated, the pack warriors would go with him, Riley as well, whilst Zaya, Chad and River's mother would go stand with River against his aunt, she had to be stopped at any cost.

Julian shifted into his wolf form and sprinted toward the battlefield, it was the woodland area his uncle had first made an appearance, there a section of the barrier would be opened, and they would finally see who was fit to lead the pack, the warriors all rallied behind him and he was truly grateful for their support, he wasn't alone, he would never be alone. Cold air brushed up on his fur, even though it was midday and the sun was blazing above them, it still seemed like death was awaiting for any and all who would fall. As they got to the woodlands Julian shifted back and so did everyone else, they waited silently as one by one growls filled the forest, their enemy had come, he baited his breath as Mahadhiv made an appearance first followed by a horde of lycans, wolves and vampires.

"Hello uncle." Julian whispered as he knelt down and his hands sifted on the ground through the soil, this was his home, his territory. "Hello nephew, it was nice seeing you all grown up." Mahadhiv mumbled as he looked fondly at Julian only for a brief second. "Same. " The young alpha replied as his eyes glowed a molten gold and Mahadhiv lunged gor him, that's when all hell broke loose, as did the war cries. Mahadhiv sliced through the air aiming his sharp claws at Julian's abdomen, the alpha lowered his body and swiped counter clockwise throwing his uncle off his feet then stomping on the ground, Mahadhiv had been fast, he had reacted just how Julian expected, so he lunged for the man in ferocious swipes and he dodged them all. Beneath Julian the ground began to rumble as the earth broke apart, boulders floated up into the air by Mahadhiv's will, and he hurled them at Julian.

"Did you truly think this would be a normal battle!" Mahadhiv yelled as more boulders were hurled toward his nephew, Julian dodged them all with a grace unlike any other infuriating his rival but he didn't care, River had warned him, that like him, Mahadhiv would have this kind of power, he had gotten his through River, Mahadhiv however got his through soul energy, which he had six implanted hearts in his body to store the energy in, he had to get rid of them to truly kill him, so Julian got into action after the furious rock slide was over. "Give up!" His uncle called out but he wasn't even warmed up yet, he focused his energy into his knees and ankles and shot upward, whilst he was in the air, he could see how hard his warriors were fighting, he had to do the same, so he spiraled down like a spear toward  his uncle creating a golden sphere in his palm with compressed energy, once he was close to the man, he released the sphere and flipped back just as it detonated in a golden glow.

Winds raged around the two of them as Mahadhiv was pissed, he cradled his arm and popped it back into place as he lunged for his nephew, he went to strike his jaw but Julian dodged, used all the force he could muster and delivering a blow to the man's gut, Mahadhiv keeled over just as Julian punched his jaw hard throwing his to the tree closest to them, but that wasn't all, he held out his hand and vine shot out of the ground and wrapped themselves around his uncle, he moved quickly using his hearing to locate where the hearts were, and when he found them he shifted his hand into claws and punched right through the man's ribcage pulling out a heart in the process and crushing it. "No!" A guttural growl escaped Mahadhiv as he used his streng snapping the vines off his body.