30.

Now our Ever After starts.

Julian.

When the second wave of magic hit and killed every last follower of my uncle's, I knew it was finally over, we were finally safe, it's funny how this roller coaster ride had happened, all started by the one simple fact that my mate wanted to be loved, wanted someone who could cherish him, want him in intimate ways and wouldn't be afraid about what people would say, I think I've surpassed those expectations as we went along after I finally had the balls to actually kiss him in public, I love River, I will always love him and each day that I live past or present and future, I will do all I can to show him that I love him, not just how I care about him but truly and deeply love him, he's been the anchor I needed since highschool, when he had his own problems he stuck with me, fixing his and mine, he's always been special at that, he may have a long witch title but to me.

He's the witch of fixing what's broken.

My family had been torn apart by my mother's coma, my father lost in his grief and my siblings sent away because he didn't believe they could handle being told the truth and that I couldn't take care of them whilst leading the pack, I was stubborn there, I had River, I didn't need to know how to take care of them, aslong as I had him life would always be okay, back then I was afraid, and now looking back on it, I was stupid to be afraid, there was nothing more terrifying that not having him in my life, along with not getting it up, yeah, it's up there, weird times, now I don't have to worry about it, worry about my life so much because he's here, he'll guide the way, not just for me, our family, our pack, he'll guide the way, all the more reason why I love him.

My uncle attacking us over and over had put a whole steel pipe in the cycle of things that I wanted, yes a mate was considered yours by mating, but that term is for lycan folk, wolf folk, and maybe other magical beings out there but he was a witch, easily blended with human culture, I couldn't wait anymore, I had to ask him, I had to take the plunge, so he wouldn't just be my mate, my other half, but my husband, my soul, my everything, the one I would die for, the one who hold me down, keep me safe, my sweet amor, the father of our brats and my emotional support, he held me down on that too, I was an alpha, strong, unwavering and protective but that's what the pack expected of me and I was that but aside from that, I was still a being of emotion.

We feel, we hurt, we cry, we love, therefore we are beings of emotion, if we feel heavy with no way of release, all we can do is lean on another, who understands,because we are all beings of emotion.

I may not remember where I read that but I was a being of emotion, and I would and could lean on River, he was my sanctuary, my lover, my sweet oozing river of goodness, and I would do anything to make him feel my love each and everyday of our lives, I'd swear on my mother if she wouldn't beat me with a wooden spoon, speaking of, she was alive, happy, smiling, another reason why I would be grateful to River for the rest of our lives, my mother was cured because of him, he had given me that miracle, funny how if you look at it, it wouldn't have happened if I had rejected my feelings for him, rejected him, none of the things that happened would have happened in the order they did, the pack would've been in crisis, we would all be dead, and my family along with friends, lost, all because of one deed, I'm glad I did the right thing, even my mother approved, and I was a mamas boy, so if she thought River was the one, I'd never argue that, he was the one.

"Hey you've been awfully silent, what's going on, we won didn't we?" Kirk asks as we are making our way back to the pack, I smile his way and he chuckled. "I'm just thinking about how and where we would be without the brothers, they are the reason we survived today, we might've fought valiantly but without River and Riley, we wouldn't be here, Riley, he's been the greatest strategist ever and River, he's executed everything with perfection we owe them our lives, and I myself will always be grateful to my mate." I reply him with an even wider smile, that's when I notice everyone had stopped and was looking my way, they all had tears in their eyes, grown men and women crying because of a few sentimental words. "What?" I chuckle nervously and Kalder walks up to me wiping away his tears.