Chapter 31 ICHOR

Xiaoping was about to go slash the air again to do something with time, but a blade hits the Fourth Divine Key.

The blade flew past Xiaoping, surprising him. Unknown to Xiaoping, the blade was spinning and coming back towards him.

"The wind..." Xiaoping said

Xiaoping ducks and a spinning blade almost cuts him.

"Come." Soo-jin said, catching the blade

Xiaoping charges at Soo-jin and gets ready to slice thin air again to do crazy things with time. And just before he could swing, Soo-jin sent a small dagger towards the Fourth Divine Key, preventing it from being swung.

"I've got to say, you're pretty smart!" Xiaoping said

"I am." Soo-jin said

Everytime Xiaoping tries to swing the Fourth Divine Key, Soo-jin creates a dagger to hit it that prevents Xiaoping from swinging the blade. At this point, Xiaoping started getting pissed off.

This time, Xiaoping swings the Fourth Divine Key, but another dagger was formed, heading straight towards him. Suddenly, the Fourth Divine Key which was a sword before turned into a greatsword. The dagger hit the greatsword, but it wasn't strong enough to stop the greatsword.

"No!" Soo-jin shouted

Xiaoping swings the Fourth Divine Key while smirking and Soo-jin froze. Xiaoping walks towards Soo-jin while grinning. He holds Soo-jin's hair and pulled it close to his face.

"You should've gone for the head." Xiaoping laughed

"Wonder what'll Cocolia do with your core..." Xiaoping laughed

Xiaoping extends his hand towards Soo-jin's chest and a red glow appears.

"Hehe..." Xiaoping smiled mischievously

"The core of the Herrscher of Extremity is mine now!" Xiaoping said

Xiaoping pulls his hand out and a red glowing stone was floating on his hand.

"Soo-jin, thanks." Xiaoping said

Xiaoping walks away and Soo-jin drops on the ground unconsciously.

"Eins, I've gotten the Gem of Bounds." Xiaoping said

"Don't call me 'Eins.' We're getting near Taiwan. We're headed there."

"Okay~" Xiaoping said

"It's unusually hot in Taiwan right now..." Xiaoping said

"Did the bomb have something that makes things hot?" Xiaoping wondered

Somewhere, Calliope landed in a house next to a mercury thermometer.

"Huh...? The temperature is unusually rising... 45°C (113°F)?! This is too hot already..." Calliope said

"Wait, how am I even alive? I was next to the bomb when it exploded!" Calliope said

Calliope held her head, trying to remember what happened.

"I see! Mr. Hwang Soo-jin protected me!" Calliope said

"Where is he? It's too hot here..." Calliope said, visibly sweating

As Xiaoping walks peacefully, someone suddenly grabs his head from behind.

"Huh-?" Xiaoping got his head slammed into a building

A loud explosion was heard and a whole building collapses with Xiaoping underneath it. The building ignites on fire and Xiaoping crawled out of it with a burnt face.