Chapter 34 Back to the Theater

Two weeks later, Soo-jin returned from the mission he had from Gray Serpent. It was considered a fail, but Gray Serpent still let it pass.

"Hwang Soo-jin, you've failed several important missions already. This might start affecting World Serpent in the near future. Do it better this time." Gray Serpent said

"Okay." Soo-jin said

"You've got the strengths, but you're lacking in something that I'll let you find out yourself." Gray Serpent said

"And the only reason you're still here is because you believe in Project STIGMA, being the only way to save humanity." Gray Serpent added before leaving

Soo-jin jumped on his bed and stuffed his face in the pillow.

"What's wrong with me?" Soo-jin wondered

Until, a loud bang was heard outside the door.

"A gun?" Soo-jin asked

"It must be a robbery or something." Soo-jin said

Soo-jin stood up and walked to the door. The moment he walked out, he saw himself in the Theater of Domination.

"Wh... Why am I here? I thought Kiana had killed the last puppet? Were there survivors or more of a thousand?" Soo-jin wondered

The Fourth Divine Key appears in Soo-jin's hand and he looks around. Soo-jin walks up some stairs and arrived at a well lit place.

"You've finally arrived."

Soo-jin saw the puppet stnading on another staircase.

"You're still alive." Soo-jin said

"My death was greatly exaggerated." Soo-jin said

"Hm... This place is great. This is a great view of the best show like Kiana did."

"Where's Kiana?" Soo-jin asked

"I can see the hint of worry in your voice. We don't talk about another character in a show they're not a part of."

"But I'll tell you, she's here, but I won't tell her status!"

The puppet laughed hysterically.

"I know you can't stop caring for her. Taking her to threaten you is a brilliant idea!"

"If you do something to Kiana that I wouldn't like, I will make sure you regret it." Soo-jin said

"Hahaha! The actors can't wait! It is now time for the last scene!"

"What's... your purpose?" Soo-jin asked

"I'll be honest. My purpose... is to bring out that other side of yours. It's to reawaken the Will of the Herrscher you broke so easily! The Herrscher of Extremity's will is the weakest of all just like it's powers, but you may have made the powers better, you can't make changes to the will. I'll awaken that easily!"

"With your empathy... what a great dark empath you would make."

"You're planning to do the same to Kiana, are you? You're planning to awaken the will of two Herrschers." Soo-jin smirked

"Correct!"

"Guess what." Soo-jin said

"I won't let you awaken mine nor Kiana's." Soo-jin said, pulling out the Fourth Divine Key out of it's sheathe

Soo-jin gripped the sword tightly and flames started engulfing it as the ground started shaking.

"But that was our old plan."

The shake became less tense and the flames that were engulfing the sword became weaker.

"We realized that... Kiana would be better than Sirin!"

Despite the hot temperature on Soo-jin's palm, the cold tone of his voice and glare at the puppet could cool it down.

"I'll stab your words into your throat over and over again." Soo-jin said

"There's a trial for Kiana I have to attend, so I'll get going now."

"I'll kill you all." Soo-jin said

"Let's see if you can."

Dozens of puppets appear around Soo-jin as the puppet he was talking to earlier walked away.

"Yeah, I can." Soo-jin said

"No, you can't! We're stronger than you! We outnumber you!"

The puppets charge at Soo-jin and the Fourth Divine Key forms into a greatsword as blades form behind him. Soo-jin started clashing with the puppets that charge at him as the blades that formed behind him provides support.

After almost five minutes, Soo-jin stood there in the middle of destroyed puppets around him.

"Where are you... Kiana?!" Soo-jin shouted

"Hypocrite. Typical ugly human hypocrite! Hahaha! Look at you! You're too concerned of Kiana, yet you still left her alone to join a criminal organization!"

"Poor Kiana! She has been abandoned by her dearest friends!"

"Shut it, little shit." Soo-jin said

"I'll make sure you're dead this time! Just like Murata Himeko! Hahaha! Everyone will abandon Kiana!"

"You'll regret bringing Himeko-sensei into this." Soo-jin said

"Oh, I will never."

"I'll take Kiana away from you and you'll be alone forever like you were~ I'll make sure everyone who cares for you abandons you!"

"Being alone doesn't bother me. I've been alone my whole life and you're acting like I'm going to suffer once I'm alone again? Haha, what a joke." Soo-jin said

"Drop dead." Soo-jin pointed the Fourth Divine Key at the puppet

"No, you drop dead!"

The puppet walks away as the other puppets land around Soo-jin.

"This is getting annoying." Soo-jin said

Soo-jin clashed once again with the puppets and chased after the puppet that walked away, but he ended up in a corridor crowded with Honkai beasts.

"Honkai beasts? Where'd they come from?" Soo-jin wondered

Soo-jin rains down blades at them as he calmly walks through. The blades don't hit him and neither could the Honkai beasts. They were eliminated by the blades before they could hit Soo-jin.

Once all of the Honkai beasts were defeated, Soo-jin saw a door at the end. Soo-jin walks towards it and when he opened it, he was inside of a huge stadium.