𝖎𝖛. New Favourite Person

chapter four
new favourite person

🎧

  The first time Rue has ever gone to see a doctor was when she lived in Chicago, and her parents were still together. Her father had picked her up from daycare two hours earlier than usual and drove her to the nearest hospital so they could check her ears after she cried that the city was too loud.

After finding out that Rue had nothing wrong with her ears, and Bob had paid a doctor's bill for nothing, they returned home empty-handed to a betrayed Emilia who was on the brink of tears after finding out Bob had taken Rue to the doctor only a day after she told him not to.

The second time Rue met with a doctor was after the accident. It would have only made sense since she was a survivor of a car crash, but what didn't make sense was how the X-ray machine refused to work whenever Rue was nearby.

Rue hadn't given any of it any attention at the moment. She was fine with the fact that her mother didn't like her being in hospitals or anything like that. The woman was overbearing and overprotective the majority of the time.

So, in the end, Rue Newby had only been in the hospital twice in her entire life, and she didn't even know why. She knew of plenty of kids who would go to the doctor all the time, and she could easily ask Bob why she never had a family doctor growing up. However, ever since the whole "Hey, I wanna meet your girlfriend" fiasco, Bob and Rue haven't... talked.

It wasn't like they had any grudges against each other; Rue had apologized, and Bob had as well; yet, there were still a lot of unanswered queries on both sides of this argument, which made things incredibly awkward.

A day later, Bob had knocked on Rue's door to tell her Joyce and her sons were coming for dinner. To say Rue was surprised was an understatement; she hadn't expected Bob to still invite them over after what happened, but she didn't say anything about it.