Chp 19 *Bonus*

(Throughout this chapter instead of addressing Johnny in 3rd person I'll be refering him into 1st!)

The past few months had been tough. Once Johnny had managed to get Chris to the hospital things didn't really get any better from there.

Chris was rushed straight into the surgery room. Doctors had told Johnny that Chris went into a sever shock, but deep down Johnny knew that's not what it was.

His wish was fading.. and so was there love.

(Current)

I hadn't eaten for what felt like days, not that it mattered. I was losing weight, so much so the doctors tried to get me admitted. Twice.

I looked over at Chris's almost life-less body. They said his brain activity was strong, and his breathing was current, but the bare rising and falling of his chest barley confirmed it for me.

I wanted to feel him against me, I wanted to be able to smell his sweet aroma again, I wanted to-

My head was in the gutter- again.. 

My eyes stung with tears, which was nothing new. Three months- I've been waiting for three months.. But yet there wasn't a sign, besides the sudden twitch of his lips from when the cold air turned on.

I realized that through all this time I hadn't touched Chris. Just looked at him from afar. I hadn't stroked his hair, or touched his hand. I'll admit that I was afraid to do so.

"Want anything?" Julia asked. The nurse that checked on me from time to time.

"No." My words cut bitter through the air, but it wasn't hard to tell that I was bitter myself.

I stood up for what was literally the first time in two days. My legs were sore and numb- but I ignored it as I made my way over to Chris's bed. I rubbed my hand against the hard plastic which held up the hospital bed.

"Chris?.." I whispered. The words of sorrow sounded drowned out by my weary voice.

I was scared...

He twitched again, but it was just his lip.

My heart felt heavy.

"Why won't you answer me?..

There was just silence that filled the air, other than the machines that were keeping track of Chris's heart rate.

I grabbed his hand. Hastily, without thinking.

"I love you.." I cried out.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, and maybe deep down I wanted to laugh, and act like this wasn't happening- like I wasn't overreacting.

For the first time I watched his fingers twitch. then his mouth. Then his eyes. And I watched it happen again, and again..

"You can hear me can't you?.." My tears streamed down my face, some leading into my mouth leaving a saltier feeling to the mood. He could hear me. I knew it. All that was left was for him to wake up.. Or at least open his eyes.

I squeezed his hand a little bit more, wanting him to respond back. I knew he was trying what he could- and I didn't blame him.

"I wish we were whole again." I smiled crookedly. Because I really did. And I really wanted it to work. I pleaded with myself in my head, but there was nothing.

"I-" A single half broken 'word left his mouth as he briefly gasses for air. 

This. Was more than enough.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is the end of the official story. BUT- there are still bonus chapters. Next to be published are the "What if chapters." That tell short story's and have smut scenes of what would have happened if everything went well. Only because I'm so nice and want to give you all a happy ending!

Also don't forget to vote and comment!! Love you all! IGNORE TYPOS.