Chapter 5

[Selene]

My wolf yipped in enjoyment as she heard Lucca growl.

Why the hell is my wolf acting this way? It was like she was high on happy gas or something.

"Ladies first" Lucca motioned with his index finger. If he weren't utterly half naked and gorgeous right now I'd probably bit it off for pointing at me.

Unlike Jerome, he didn't position into an attack stance; instead he stood casually with his hands on his hips, muscles protruding and lips pressed tight in a fine line across his face, as if extremely annoyed.

He was well atoned to fighting then his men, I could tell. Then why doesn't he just teach them himself, if he was that good? Was he pretending to be so tactless? Cocky Alpha thinks he can trick me by pretending to be dense. I'll show him!

Don't anticipate Selene, you haven't known him that long.

"What are you waiting for? Scared...?" He smirked, giving a good glimpse of his cute right cheek dimple.

"I was just thinking," I replied. Concentrate...

His feet shifted and walked to the left. I followed suite and soon we were walking in circles waiting for each other's first move.

Though he did say, I could start first.

Don't trust your enemy. Dad's voice rang in my head.

"How long have you learned how to fight?" He asked. His eyes shifted when I casually clasped my hands on my back to mirror his bored display.

I glanced at my dad; he didn't seem to have a reaction to this so I answered, "Since I first shifted."

Lucca nodded, not seemingly impressed.

It wasn't a lie. My first year shifted, dad put me through intense training. If dad was going to do the same to these guys, I could already image them cry blood like I almost did. Dad's idea of practice was pure torture, but I realized after that it all paid off--almost.

"Fight already!" Jerome spat, frowning.

Lucca rolled his eyes and took a stepped forward. I stood still with my right leg back, ready to move, in case he decides to pull a fast one.

Dad said that the key to winning a match was by anticipating someone's attack by how they position there feet, not their hands. A person's feet have the capability to shift direction quicker than the hands because it has more physical strength. A wolf, however has powerful machine like muscles on all for legs and that was something I was lacking, considering that my wolf refuses to come out.

That reminds me: I should watch my steps. I don't want to look predictable either.

At that slight second of distraction as I thought to myself, Lucca took the initiative and locks me from behind with his arms under my armpits holding me against his chest.

My heart palpitated as his bare chest collided with mine. The only thing that blocked us was the two layers of fabric I wore. His fresh warm breath blew on the back of my jawbone and all l could think about was how incredible it felt to be this close to him.

Snap out of it! I sound like a teenage human; this was all too much for me. My human side is making me feel like a love struck fool!

"Caught you off guard, didn't I?" He whispered from behind. I gasped and shook away growling at him, while my wolf begged me to nip him softly on his tan skin when I got the chance.

She was out of her damn mind to have suggested it! For once I was glad she couldn't come out, I was mortified by how much she reacted to Lucca's presence.