Chapter 31

Chapter 31

[Selene]

Ian crawled on his hands and knees across the floor, chasing after his big brother. It was adorable how his face pulled together in a frustrated frown when he couldn’t catch up to Sammy.

“Ian looks like Peyton when she’s about to blow on you,” Eric snickered.

Alpha Soren patted his hand against the back of his newborn, trying to make him burp. “He is his mother’s boy. His temper matches hers.”

My heart warms at Lucca tentatively watches Alpha Soren taking care of his kids. He would occasionally ask questions like, “How do you know if he’s hungry, all he did was whimper?” I chuckled every time and from the corner of my eyes, I could see Alpha Soren winking at my amusement.

“Soren, Soren, look! LOOK!” Christian jumped up and down.

We all looked at Ian. He had his hands grasping on an armchair and getting up on his two feet.

“Oh shit, he’s going to walk!” Eric screamed.

“Daddy, he said a bad word!” Marielle gasped.

Alpha Soren quickly walked right in front of Ian with a huge smile on his face. “Come to daddy!” He said.

Ian looked at his feet and widened his stance to keep balance. Seeing his dad, he lifted one foot. It was like everyone stopped breathing that second because not a sound was made. When his foot barely touched the floor Samuel rushed by and grabbed his wrist pulling him forward. This caused Ian to fall forward and cry, disrupting his attempt to take his first steps.

“Samuel, why did you do that!?” Alpha Soren didn’t completely scold him, but he frowned at Sammy disapprovingly.

“I just wanted to help him.” Sammy defended.

“I know, but Ian is learning how to be a big boy like his big brother. Next time, let him try on his own. Okay?”

“Okay.” Samuel sulked. He looked at his younger brother and apologized. “Sorry…” He helped his crying brother to sit up and Nathan lifted Ian into his arms, since Alpha Soren was occupied with the youngest.

Beta Luca quietly stood up and exited the house. I watched him stand on the front porch with his arms folded across his chest, staring across the forest.

“He misses Martha.” Alpha Soren muttered next to me. “I will use all my power to help him get her back.”

“I’m sure you are, sir.”

“Please no formalities. Just call me Soren when we are not talking pack matters.”

"Ok...Soren." I blushed saying it.

Alpha Soren looked like he was in his late twenties. Too young to be a father or be an alpha at the same time, but he performed perfectly in both jobs. I imagine Lucca being able to do as well in the future and I have no doubt he has the capability to succeed in anything he set his heart into. Just thinking about us in the future makes me warm further. These past few days I've noticed the change in him. He's been a lot more caring towards me and my heart flutters when he does things...sweetly.

I don't know how to react to it. 

"Derrick is back." Nathan motioned to the door and just as he said, Derrick entered but he was not alone. Dad was with him looking pale faced.

"Dad," I walked up to him scanning his face.

He looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Beta Grant," Alpha Soren snapped him out of his daze and dad looked up now looking petrified. "Kids can you please go inside and check up on your mother? Don't disturb her and don't come out until I tell you. The adults need to talk."