Chapter 38

[Lucca]

"Ah stop it that freaking hurts."

"If you don't keep your mouth shut I'm not going to stop."

"Alright, alright!" He groaned and muttered a curse under his breath. "Stupid mutt."

"For the love of--

Bam

"Eric, that was unnecessary." I glare at the grinning man.

He shrugs. "He was going to blow our cover."

I drop the human and he fell slack on the marble floor. A bruise started forming on his left cheekbone.

"Lean him against the wall." Alpha Soren whispers.

Earlier, we were able to slip through the unguarded gate and climb through an up window. Something wasn't right. In my gut, I felt as though getting inside without getting caught was too good to be true.

"Do you sense Martha?" Alpha Soren asked his Beta who was leading our way by his nose.

His brows pull together. "I'm not sure. I feel as though she is near, but--"

"Someone is coming!" Eric barked.

There was seven of us standing in a hallway and nowhere to go. There was nothing to hide behind and it was easy to notice seven muscular men in the buff.

"Shit." Beta Luca looked side to side, frantically looking for a place to go.

We had no choice but to confront whoever was coming. A shadow appeared from the corner. All of us moved into our fighting stance.

"Momma"

What?

A little kid appeared wearing only button down pajamas. He walked tiredly across the hallway rubbing both his eyes. He looked no older than six years old. Dark Brown hair and tired greenish grey eyes, his face looked kind of familiar. We watched him silently, not moving a muscle. When he finally noticed us, his eyes widened.

"Why are you walking around naked?" Was what he said.

Apparently, this kid was not yet taught anything about werewolves--if only it stayed that way.

"We're wearing shorts, kid." Eric said. Well, he was.

"Go back to your room. It should be your bedtime right now?" Alpha Soren, the doting father said.

The kid continued to look at each and every one of us in awe and a mix of disapproval. "Are you friends with my momma?"