Chapter 42

*BEFORE READING* please note that this story is my copyright! Plagiarism in intolerable and is punishable by law.*

PLEASE report if you find my work plagiarized. Your help will be rewarded.

Enjoy reading....

[Lucca]

This was it.

The door creaked open and I listened. "Stand behind me in case he attacks. Shoot him."

Light seeped into the dark jail cell. My eyes stung at the abrupt brightness, but I concentrated on the two dolts. The pain was sufferable and I hung on from where I hid above the ceiling. The amount of pressure I put my arm muscles aggravated the fresh injury, probably reopening the wound. However, this was my only chance to escape. I couldn't afford to slip up. Not with what was at stake.

"Do you see him?"

"He's probably still passed out. The mutt hasn't made a sound since we locked him up yesterday. I won't be surprised if the dog's already dead."

"Would make our job easier." The other man snickered.

A low warning growl rumbled from the other room next door.

"Shut up, mutt or you, granny and your mate are next."

One of these men could be holding the keys. The next part of my plan was to set Beta Luca and his family free without attracting the people upstairs to come down here.

When the man with the gun stepped around his friend, my claws gripped tighter on the wall as I bent my knee and prepared for thrust.

They wouldn't see my attack coming.

"Maybe we should come back with a flash light. I'm having a bad feeling about this." The unarmed man said nervously.

The gunned man pointed his weapon from side to side in a defensive stance. I couldn't attack him while his gun was pointed high or I could risk another bullet wound.

"I don't even hear him. Are you sure they put him in this cell?" The gunned man said over his shoulder to his partner. This was it! His gun had lowered forty-five degrees. I propelled myself off the wall and used my body to slam him on the floor. The first thing I did was grab his gun and throw it against the wall. His cowardly friend tried to make a run for it but I swung my leg and tripped him. He fell head first on the concrete and frolicked on the ground, clasping his face.

"Alpha Lucca" Beta Luca yelled from the other room. His fist pounded on the bars trying to break them but it was no use.

"Hold on," I shouted back. "I'm going to try to find the keys."

The man beneath me grabbed my neck. I dug my claws into his side and my hand scraped down the side of his body. His scream almost broke my eardrums. With my other hand I punched him in the face and he silenced. He was still alive, just knocked out. The other guy got on his hands and knees, crawling out the cell. Before he could run away, I grabbed his ankle and pulled him back inside. His cries filled the small chamber, but not loud enough to grab attention from upstairs.
For tactical hunters, they were stupid to make a soundproof jail room.

The keys were dangling from a chain on one of the men’s belt loop. I yanked it, tearing the denim. Without a moment to waste, I limply walked up to Beta Luca’s cell and opened the door.

"Good job. Thanks for getting us out, Alpha." Beta Luca patted my shoulder making me wince and recoiled his hand back as if I burned it. "Sorry, I forgot. Are you alright?"