Chapter 5

The next morning I silently ate my breakfast, as my father muttered over a note book set beside him.

“Enough of that, Ray.” My mother said she walked forward carrying over some waffles.

My father groaned, he was a complete nerd. Whose Native American only showed when he wore a suit, sometimes I wondered how my mother had gotten passed his nerd act.

She would shyly glance at him, before she just silently shake her head. Muttering something about drinking, and loud music.

“Okay. Okay,” Dad said as he reluctantly close his notebook, he leaned over and gave my mom a kiss.  “This looks great!” He eagerly grabbed some waffles and put it on his plate.

I chewed on some bacon, more focused on my own problems. I barely listened to my parents conversation till, I heard, “Morgana?”

My parents turned to their curios gazes to me. Hesistant I asked again, “Whose Morgana?”

A light of excitement entered my father’s eyes he turned to face me fully. “Morgana was said to be the half-sister to King Athur, she was also in some poetry believed to be a powerful witch, and a lover to many men. And the rival to Guinvere, and for some odd reason the enemy of Lancelot.”

I raised my hand, leaning back, “Wait, you’re talking about Morgan Le Fay from the Athurian stories?”

 My father eagerly nodded, “Yes the very same, these translations that I’m working on. Are from Harvard, from a dig where they discovered a stone altar that has something carved into it, with her name carved into it.”

“oh.” Was all I could say, I was carrying memoires of Morgan le fey in my head. Nice, not! Standing, I muttered bye and headed out of the door barely remembering to grab my back pack on my way out.

I went to my bike, pausing when realized the chain was still loose. Decidng to walk, I lifted my hand to brush my hair back. A simply twist out had been all I had energy to do. Spoting the shine off something on my hand. My eyes widened when I saw the ring with the amethyst gracing my ring finger on my right hand.

Confused, I stared at it. I didn’t remember grabbing it and putting it on. Deciding that’s I just forgot to take it off yesterday, I headed to school.

“Are you feeling better?”

Rylan asked as she leaned against the locker, beside me as I put my books and folders away. Not looking at her, I nodded, “Yeah, it was just head-ache.” I wasn’t going to tell her that apparently I had a witch in my head, and that— guess what? I was almost killed.

She smiled, seeming relieved when I faced her she placed a hand on my shoulder. “Great, that means you’ll be cool for Friday.”

Raising a brow, I started walking towards my first class, “What’s Friday?”

“A Party!” She squealed, Rylan loved two things. Her books by J.K. Rowling, and parties. “You can now thank the person, who got the invite to Luther Archer’s birthday party.”

I flash of blue eyes and a quick smile invaded my memory. “How in god’s name did you get that?!” I asked in mild surprise at her announcement.

She smirked, walking backwards, “It’s a secret.”

“What a secret?” Dolan asked, apparently having overheard Rylan when he’d walked towards us.

She spun around and smiled like cat up at him. “I got an invitation to Luthers party this Friday night.”

Dolan frowned, his hazel eyes narrowing, “ah, more girly stuff.”

I laughed, “Girly?” tapped him in the shoulder, “Don’t you want to see Jessica, and she’s always with that crowd.” Jessica Farmer, was a brown eyed, brown haired abnormality that hung with Luther, Jordan and Tiffany. I still didn’t understand her role in there trio. Anyway, Dolan had a crush on her.

He flushed at my teasing, glaring at me he scoffed, “Hah! I don’t need my sister to get me in. I already am a plus one with the guys.”

Rylan and I shared a knowing, look before Rylan laid a comforting hand on Dolan’s shoulder. “Of course you did.”

He shrugged off her hand, and gave her an annoyed look, “You are so—annoying I can’t believe we lived together for nine months.”

Rylan nodded, “I don’t understand it either.”

I laughed at their exchange, before I left them to go to class.

**

Breathing heavily from the fourth lap we’d done in gym I wiped the sweat of my brow. The smells of B.O. filled the gym room. As everyone tried to get a high score on the national test, you’re score would be matched to your score at the end of the year.

“Hey! Sweeten!”

Hearing my name, I turned around to see O’rielly, our gruff retired military coach calling me.  Quickly I ran over to him, he was known for making people do push up when they didn’t hustle.

Arriving by his side, I gasped, “Yes…”

He nodded approvingly at my hustle, lifting a folded paper, he offered it to me. “I need you to take this to the nurse’s office, tell her I need an answer Asap.”

I nodded, taking the paper I quickly left. My hair was lifeless from the sweat, sighing at the Idea of continuing my day with stinky hair.

Walking along the empty hallway, I stopped at the door of our nurses. Seeing the lights off, through the glass window. I pulled it open and entered.

Only to stop, when I saw two people embraced in a passionate kiss. They jerked apart, when they heard me, Jordan turned to face me, while Tiffany rushed towards me, I stepped aside letting her past me.

He narrowed his eyes on me. I, normally shy and almost introvert when it came to others aside from the twins. Smirked.

He glared, “What’s funny?” His 6’1 height easily topped mine, as he walked towards me.

Something evil possessed me to say, “She,” I turned my sardonic gaze to the hallway, “is Luthers girlfriend, right?”

He frowned, “That’s not your business. I don’t have to answer that question.”

I shrugged, “That in of itself answered me,” Walking towards the nurse’s desk, I gasped when he grabbed my arm in a tight grip.

Through gritted teeth he said, “You won’t tell anyone what you saw.”

I should be frightened, being in a dark room all alone with a strong male, but again I wasn’t myself. I stared at him and smiled, “You have not changed. Second to another, and sneaking to be with a whore.”

I jerked my arm from his hold, and walked over to the desk and laid the note down.

This time he let me pass him, and stopped at the door my back to him, “I will not tell anyone, but not because I care about your reputation.” I turned my head, glancing over my shoulder at his tense expression, “But because the news or you’re kissing your friends girl is already old news.”

“What?!”

I walked out, shutting the door and headed back to class but something bothered me. How was able to face the schools closest version of a ‘Bad Boy’ and not shiver in fear.

Putting it on the back burner, I ran into the gym ready for my fifth lap to be timed.