Chapter 18

The sound of dripping water, is what slowly my consciousness surfaced. The cold ground had caused my limbs to stiffen. Someone had leaned me against the wall, slowly I opened my eyes. The darkness was only disrupted by the glowing embers in the fire place.

Hearing something clang, winced when my muscles tensed at the noise. Slowly turning my head, I saw a cage with something wispy inside.

Using the wall as leverage I stood, my legs struggled under my weight. It was difficult but I made my way over to the cage, something told me the person or entity inside was important.

Walking over to it, using the wall I lowered myself once I was close enough.

"Nymue?" I asked, my throat scratchy from all my screaming earlier.

The wispy fog started to twirl and thickened. After a moment the form of a women was before me, floating above the body that lied on the grown.

"Morgana?!" Her voice was barely above whisper, "Why are you here?" Her voice sounded scare, "you can't be here."

I shook my head, "I'm not morgana she'd inside of me."

Nymue eyes widened, "You're the girl—!"

I nodded, I lifted my hand with ring still sitting on it snug. "Yeah, you kinda screwed my life up."

"I am sorry, but the ring is better protected with you than with anyone else." She pointed to my chest, "Luckily I didn't the cycle of reincarnation wrong, you must keep the ring away from Merlin."

I frowned, my head slowly starting to ache again. "Merlin, is he the one who-ugh-whose—."

Nymue grabbed the bars, and exclaimed. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, unable to answer over the sheer pain exploding behind my eyes. As if I was being sucked into a dark pond, I felt someone else speak, but it was my voice.

"She will be."

"Morgana?!"

**

Morgana green eyes narrowed, "Why so surprised Nymue?" She tilted her head, "You're the one who put me here." She said this smartly, while standing.

Dusting off her dress, "Though I'm sure you weren't expecting me to remember my pathetic life."

Nymue cringed, when Morgana turned her hate filled acid eyes to her. "No—I'm sure you were hoping that I'd remained blind and dumb and continue being obtuse." She flicked a piece of dust away, and leaned against the cage. Giving a disgusted look around the chamber, "Luckily, thanks to that dear old fool I've remembered everything."

"Morgana, you—!"

"No!" Morgana whipped herself around, and smirked at Nymue. "No, I won't be a good little girl, and play nice with those who betrayed me. No, I will lie low and when all the players are on the stage..." She leaned closer to Nymue and pursed her lips. "Pop!"

Pushing off from the cage, she twirled her maniacal laughter filling the chamber.

"Oh!" She stopped and looked at Nymue, rolling her wrist a ball of white flame appeared in her hand. "I forgot, I can't let anyone know this. So—I'm going to have to put you away for just a moment." She smiled, the glow of white ball of flame in her eyes as she menacingly approached Nymue who cringed away from her. "It won't hurt. I promise~."

**

Luther walked back and forth, Jordan watched him as he stuffed his pack with random items.

Taking his eyes off Luther, he finally spoke. "Well any Ideas?"

Luther shook his head, "I haven't a clue on where to start looking." He looked at Jordan the lighter blue and darker blue shifting continuously. "I feel as if I'm going mad."

Jordan silently nodded, zipping up his bag. He grabbed a leather coat lying on the couch and tossed it to Luther who caught it in the air. "Well, you can stop, I think I may have a way to find her."

Luther quickly pulled on the coat, "And how is that?"

Jordan shrugged, "I figured if the literature about our pass selves is true, than wouldn't that mean if we go to the lake and put your sword there the Lady of the Lake will come to us?"

Luther frowned, "And if it doesn't work?"

"It will." Jordan said grabbing two black helmets, tossing one to Luther he motioned to the door. "Let's go."

**

They arrived at the still waters of the park, it was the hidden away part that Luther had brought Rebecca several times. He stared at the still waters, if this worked would he be able to defeat those who sought to harm her.

"Are you ready?" Jordan asked as he walked up behind him.

Luther nodded, immediately a blazing figure of white light appeared in front of him. It leaned against him wrapping it's warms around him, almost like a lover. Before it melted and wrapped around his hand, becoming a long shining broad sword.

"Excalibur, I beseech the, bring me the lady of the lake Nymue!"

He slammed it into the water. For a moment mere ripples floated away from where the sword stood, but soon the water started to bubble a light growing from the point of the sword to spread across the rivers surface.

Luther squinted through the light, only to frown when the light slowly faded and bubble stopped. Nothing but silence was left, they were left with the silent rustle of leaves.

"It didn't work." Luther cursed, jerking his sword from the waters.

"Dammit!" Luther tossed the sword down.

Jordan didn't say anything, his eyes focused on something in the woods.

"Jordan! It didn't –!"

Luther exclaimed, only to notice that Jordan was staring at something in the distance. Following his gaze his eyes widened when his saw something glowing in the distance it was in the shape of womens figure.

"Is that—?"

He stood grabbing his sword his eyes narrowed. He barely flinched when shadows bathed Jorads hands and two short blades appeared.

Jordan nodded, "I think she wants us to follow her."

Luther nodded, before they both started after the glowing figure of a women deeper into the woods.

T