Chapter 15

Hearing a scream, I jerked up and rubbing my eyes I batted my hair out of my face.

"REBECCA!"

My eyes popped open, and I stared at my mom slack-jawed expression in confusion. She stood in my doorway staring at my bed.

Glancing over to what she was pointing at, I felt my eyes widened when I was met with a bare chest. Whipping my head from my mom, to Luther I tried to speak.

"Now mom. I-didn't-!" I slowly got out of the bed, and raised my hands.

"Lets stay calm."

She tilted her head, and a twitch start at the bottom of her eyes. I briefly wondered where my father was before she repeated me, "Calm?"Uh-oh, my mother hates repeating something. "Yes-um-calm."

"I'll show you calm." She dropped her bag, and started rolling her sleeves, "Calm my ass."

"Ah!" I shouted when she launched herself in my direction,

"Mom don't!"

I cried out, as I ran into my bathroom only to slip on a towel, and fall backwards into my mom arms.

We both yelled out as well fell to the ground, groaning I rolled off her. Only to met with the sleepy gaze of Luther, who was rubbing his eyes.

"Sweets, what's going on?

"I groaned, and dropped my head against my carpeted floor.

My life,...just, my life.**

"So," My mother said, her eyes narrowed on me and Luther.

We sat at the dinner table, looking shamed like criminals. My father for once looked intimidating, his dark brown eyes flashing at Luther. While he'd taken off his customary dirt grey-house robe. So that his tribal tattoos flashed in the light.

"How long have you guys been dating?" She finished, her focused on Luther.He sent me a look, and I slightly shook my head. He nodded, and turned towards them.

"We've been loosely seeing each other for two months."

I winced. Loosely, I sent my parents a glance from under my lashes their expression had stiffened.

"Loosely?" My father questioned, his eyes hardened, "what do you mean by 'loosely'?"

Shifting in his seat, Luther smiled easily, "We've just been talking and hanging around school. She invited me over to watch a movie, and I accepted."

"Oh, and our daughter didn't explain," My mother turned her piercing eyes my way, "that her parents were out of town, and that we don't like strangers over when we are gone."

I cringed, "I-I don't ever think it came up." I straightened, and stopped rubbing the top of my hand. "I mean I've been an introvert since grade-school, and the only two who ever come over are Rylan, and Dolan."

"Hmph." Was my mom's response. Clearing his throat he uncrossed his arms, "Rylan and Dolan are approved friends," He stressed the word approved.

"This boy...," My dad suddenly looked at me, "What is his name anyway?"

I blinked, and then it occurred to I'd never introduced him, "Ah," Luther and I looked at each other, apparently we were thinking the same thing. Because we started laughing at the same time. My mom, and dad just stared at us, before both exasperated demanded we stop and explain our inside joke.

Once they realized that Luther was an Archer, they lightened they interrogation, but dad still maintained his stalwart defense. While mom melted, and quickly whipped something up for both of us to eat.