Chapter 21

Rebecca was unable to move, her arms felt like they were wrapped and bound to her body. She wished she could, breathe or even make a sound. Her heart, or what she felt was heart was pounding in her ears.

This was the sensation of being trapped. The only thing she knew was a deep fear. Morgana had spoken of something she hadn't wished to voice, or even touch. Her mind suppressed it till it wouldn't, couldn't breathe air.

Was that the real reason?

Had she been focused on Jordan?

His face flashed in her mind, she'd always noticed him. Even when she'd been fully focused on something else, she'd found herself glancing towards him.

The perfect revenge?

How?

When she couldn't swallow the very thought, she didn't revel in the idea she'd slept with Luther simply because of Jordan. It made her dirty, someone base and manipulative.

Yet, when she remembered Jordans hand touching Tiffany. Their lips attached, and their hands roaming over each other. Jordan, or rather Lancelot hadn't changed. He would always notice someone else, he would always betray her. He would always...always—.

Rebecca's thoughts stopped short Tears? The sensation of them were coursing down her face. Her heart hurt so much, it wasn't aaaaagh! Pain like she never knew it shot through her, she wanted to die it hurt. It was hers, but it felt like someone else's.

Thoughts of death. Peace echoed around her, the peace of silence had been so absolute. Rebecca wanted that...the peace and quiet from her own thoughts.

**

Merlin lips pursed his grey eyes narrowed on the building across the street. The building was one of the oldest complexes in Camlin. It'd originally belonged to some English lord, but now it was owned by the city and had become a sight or rather museum where the work and discoveries of the most elite archeologist in the world were kept.

The traffic flying back and forth in front it, and odd stranger that would stop in stare didn't deter Merlins gaze from the truck that was delivering what looked like slabs of stone. He couldn't see them as they were inside large crates, but he could feel the magic energy emanating of them.

He reached to the cup of steaming coffee that sat on the table, the only good thing about the discovery of America. Lifting to his lips he inhaled the dark roasty smell, he lifted it to take sip when a voice stopped him mid-way.

"I would appreciate it if you would call off your dogs."

He lifted his eyes in time to see the flash of green before the eyes settled into the dark brown. Morgana smiled taking a seat, she continued. "I don't know why everything you do has to be so—dramatic."

He slowly replaced his cup on the table, and smirked. "Life would be boring if we didn't have flare when we did our evil deeds." He drawled, letting his index finger rub the edge of his porcelain cup.

"Do you really think you'll be able to return to Avalon?" Morgan asked, her eyes going to the crates. She smirked, "They closed the gate with good reason."

"Cowards, that's where they were." Merlin, said his voice vehement. "They were scared of Authur and his little sword."

"That's little sword you say with such distaste, is and has always had the ability to kill those of your kind." Morgana, before she thanked the server for her won drink, she took a sip before smiling. "That fear was proven right when he killed his own Avalon blooded father."'

"And..." Merlin said, his eyes growing cold. "I was the one who made sure it happened that way. What I find more interesting then Authur and our sordid past, is whether you will hand over the thing I gave you to use for you supposed revenge."

"Ah?" Morgana feined surprise, brushing a finger between the valley of her chest. "This old thing." She smiled, her own eyes glinting like hard emeralds. "I've been debating about that everything actually." She thoughtfully, "Between giving you it, or just deny and return by myself."

"Surely you haven't given up on causing you dear half-brother, and ex-lover pain?" Merlin asked, taking sip of his now cooled coffee. He lowered it, his eyes going to the truck that was now moving into the steady stream of traffic, "We are both limited in time."

"Time?"

Morgana chuckled, "That's not something we used to even speak of, it would've been almost rude to mention it."

"Things change." His voice was clip, "Are you going to assist my return or be an obstacle?"

Standing Morgana laid five dollars on the table, "Well...we will see, but I would appreciate it if you sent my son over to mess with his father, and my ex-lover. It would make things..." She paused letting a light sigh, before smiling. "Easier to decide." With that she turned and faded into the light of the outside.

Merlin stood, and made his exit a twisted grin on his face. Morgana was interested in her revenge still, and he was sure she would willingly kill millions to gain it.

**

Luther stared at the house across the street, still no sign of Rebecca, or Morgana. He had hurriedly left the school, and had come directly to her house to see if she'd returned but there hadn't been any sign of her. sz

One, Two hours had gone by and there was still no sign. 

A flicker of light caught his eye, her turned his head just in time to see her appear in front of her house.

"Morgana!"

He called as he jumped from his car and ran across the street. He eyes were focused only on her. She turned around she was expressionless. Her eyes looked at him as if he was stranger, and she was mildly curios. 

"Ah," her eyes widened, "Is it Authur or Luther whose calling?" She smiled acting almost shy, "I want to make sure I speak with the right one."

Luther blinked, taken aback by her sweet behavior. It was something he expected from Rebecca, not from the woman who'd burn her way out of the school. He took a step back and put his hands in his pocket. "Luther, I'm Luther."

She smiled and laid a hand on his shoulder, her eyes were Rebecca's brown and caused his heart to falter. "Good, I've been meaning to say this..."

She stepped closer placing her other hand on his shoulder, she lifted to her toes and leaned forward so her lips brushed his ears. 

"Just like the past, we still do not love each other." 

She lowered down, and smiled sweetly at him. Luther felt his heart chill, "Rebecca slept with you because Jordan slept with Tiffany, and she wanted to take away Tiffany's happiness." She brushed invisible lint from his shoulder, "It's funny, even after rebirth," Her green eyes glowed as she stared at him, "You can't have the heart of the one you love."