The New Girl

I was in my 2nd period English class when I noticed the Latina girl was there as well. She was standing at the front with her white binder in hand. Probably waiting for Mr. Haas to tell her to introduce herself. However, she was only met with a demand to sit down.

   She quickly looked around and saw me sitting at the table in the back. She was staring for a bit longer than she had to. Shit, she is definitely going to sit here. Luckily Sheila called her over and made her sit down with the other popular girls. 

   But, that certainly didn't stop her from starting over at me. Which I hated. I knew damn well she pitted me. And, I didn't need any of it.

   So, when I caught her staring for the fifth time I glared at her. She immediately looked away blushing some shade of pink. Which prompted Sheila to say loud enough for me to here, "Yeah she's a weirdo. And, very rude too. Also there's a rumor that..." Sheila whisked to rest in her ear.

   And, she recoiled. So, clearly it was something bad. Which might actually be great cause everyone will leave me alone. Weirdly, the Latina girl raised her hand.

     "Yes, Veronica?" Mr Haas asked with clear hesitation. That's her name, weird. But that certainly was not as weird as what she asked next. "May I sit at the table in the back with her? There's barely any room here." she said while pointing in my direction. To which Mr. Haas paused and answered, "No, your already lucky you got to pick your seat. And, maybe if you weren't so impulsive you would have picked a better spot like her."

    I thanked what ever force was above for not making her sit next to me. But, now I had to wonder what Sheila was spreading around. And, why Veronica still felt bad about me.

   However, Mr. Haas didn't seem to want to keep the attention on the moment any longer cause he immediately started explaining the class rules. "Rule number 1 you may not yeet stuff across the room into the trash can...