Drama Club

I breathed in and out to try and calm myself. But, it wouldn't work. I was worried I'd be an embarrassment since I had only ever acted once in a play. 

        I breathed again hoping that I would somehow gain the courage to open the door. Though I was only delaying the inevitable. So, I went towards the door to open it. However someone had noticed me outside and opened it for me.

        "Hey, you lost or something?" a the tiny curly haired girl asks. "No, I'm here f-f-for the drama c-c-club." I stuttered. "Oh, then come on it!" an older woman's voice projected, "No need to be afraid." I gulped, this was it I was doomed.

         However, instead of people sitting at a desk with a script in hand, there were people sitting in a circle with a ball in the middle. Veronica then waved me over to sit to her right. Which I happily complied.

         When the curly haired girl sat down, the older woman started counting us one by one until she stopped at me. "Good all twenty of you are here! Now, let us begin. I am as some of you may know as Mrs. Kinder-Stout, the current 6th grade reading teacher and Drama club president." 

      Wait, wasn't Mrs. Sheraz the reading teacher? And, even if she wasn't how did they find someone to replace her so fast? However I didn't have time to think about that. Since Mrs. Kinder-Stout was asking everyone to introduce themselves. Once everyone finished she picked up the ball.

      "Today we will be getting to know each other by throwing this ball of questions around. Which ever question your right thumb lands on is the question you will answer." she explains. Then, she tosses the ball to a boy named Jarred. 

    He looks down at the ball then says, "My favorite color is royal purple." He throws the ball to Eva. She then says, "My favorite animal is cats. We have a lot on our farm." Next, she throws the ball toward the curly haired girl. She says her favorite ice cream flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip. 

     The ball then goes all the way through the circle until Veronica tossed it to me. I looked down and saw I had to answer what my favorite subject was. It was reading, but I felt that it would seem like a ploy to get Mrs. Kinder-Stout to like me more. 

      So, I answered, "ELA." "Oh, we have a writer in our mists. Tell me what's your favorite genre to write?" Mrs. Kinder-Stout asked me. Was that even allowed? She can't just ask me two questions back to back. But, everyone's eyes were already on me and I could feel the pressure.

      "Mystery, I write mystery stories." I blurted out. Which was true, but the were more murder based. Not, like who stole this thing from this safe at this time. So, I hoped she would not ask any more questions.

      Luckily, she didn't. So, I threw the ball at Sally. And, she answered what her birthday was. Why didn't I just get that one?