Safe?

I remember how my mom looked when she went to pick me up. She was angry not at what had happened to me. But, more at me. 

      She had asked me while we were driving home what I did. Though, once most of her questions were met with silence, she stopped asking. More just glared at me the whole time. She even made me carry my backpack and enter the house myself.

     However, my dad once he saw me enter he helped me to my room. He even gave me some bandages to patch up and alcohol to clean the open wounds. He was more caring, but only because he was barely here in the first place. That's at least what I think.

     I huffed and groaned as I applied the alcohol. Then, I wrapped the bandages around my face. Which had covered my right eye. I then got up to return them to the bathroom medicine cabinet.

     On the way I could hear Mom and Dad arguing, again. This time it was about me. So, I hurried to the bathroom, not wanting to here any of it. 

      I slowly put the bandages and jug of alcohol in the cabinet. And, as I closed it I took a good look at myself in the mirror. Damn, they really roughed me up. There's even a small mark under my left eye. 

      Hearing a loud slam of a door downstairs. I knew they were done arguing. So, I scurried out as fast as I could. Locking my bedroom door on the way in.

      I sighed in relief. I was finally safe. Well, until my mom asks me to come downstairs for dinner.